Magento 2 AJAX Cart Pro is a straightforward module that allows configuring custom ‘add-to-cart’ popups on retail website pages. Popup blocks can include product-related short descriptions, review summaries with direct links to review sections, product options to select, upsells and cross-sells (for additional promotional opportunities) and can be appended to particular product pages.
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing AJAX Cart Pro
Command Line Installation
1. Backup your web directory and store database;
2. Download AJAX Cart Pro installation package;
3. Upload contents of the AJAX Cart Pro installation package to your store root directory;
4. Navigate to your store root folder in the SSH console of your server:
php -f bin/magento module:enable Aheadworks_Ajaxcartpro
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade
php -f bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
5. Flush store cache; log out from the backend and log in again.
Make sure the installation is done from under the FTP administrator account. Otherwise make sure to set 775 permissions to the store root directory after the extension is deployed.
2. Configure your store to work with the Aheadworks composer repository:
Add composer repository to composer.json by running:
composer config repositories.aheadworks composer https://dist.aheadworks.com/ in the Magento installation root.
Use a key pair provided as login and pass. You can optionally save them in the global composer auth file.
3. You can start using AW composer now.
For extension names, navigate to Account -> Composer access.
4. Open the root Magento directory on your server and send Composer the following command:
composer require <component-name>:<version>
Note: Use the previously copied component name and version.
5. Make sure that Composer finished the installation without errors. Flush store cache, log out and log into the backend again.
AJAX Cart Pro extension comes ready for work right after the installation.
The extension substitutes native Magento Add to Cart button with an enhanced one. The new Add to Cart button allows adding products to the cart right from the category page. Instead of redirecting customers to the product page, AJAX Cart Pro displays a pop-up with the necessary product options: attributes and quantity.
AJAX Cart Pro works form the category, search results, product comparison page and supports native Magento cross-sells block. Additionally it allows adding products to the cart directly from the Automatic Related Products blocks by aheadWorks.
The AJAX Cart block suggests to specify the product options and offers a quick overview of the product:
- Product Image;
- Product short description;
- Review summary.
When done with the product options, customer clicks button and the product is added to the cart, no category page reloads following.
If the product has native Magento cross-sells appointed the cross-sells block will be displayed in the confirmation pop-up of AJAX Cart Pro extension.
AJAX Cart Pro extension works with the following custom option types:
- Text field;
- Text area;
- Radio buttons;
Adjusting AJAX Cart Pro settings
All the AJAX Cart Pro settings can be found under a single backend section.
Stores > Configuration> aheadWorks extensions > AJAX Cart Pro
The settings store administrator is suggested to configure are:
- Display Block For - defines for what type of products the AJAX Cart Pro block should be displayed for:
- Products with required options only;
- Products with any options;
- All products.
- Display Product Short Descriptions - defines if the AJAX Cart Pro block should include a short description of the product added;
- Display Product Reviews Summary - defines if the AJAX Cart Pro block should include a review rating of the product added.
How does the Display Block For setting work?
Depending on the setting value selected the AJAX Cart Pro block's behavior will differ depending on the product added:
- Products with required options only - if selected, the AJAX Cart Pro block will suggest specifying options for configurable products with required options or custom options set to required;
- Products with any options - if selected, the AJAX Cart Pro block will suggest specifying options for all product types that may have any options both mandatory and optional;
- All products - if selected, the AJAX Cart Pro block will suggest specifying the number of items you want to add to the cart for all products, even those without any options
If Products with required options only or Products with any options setting values are selected and customer is adding a product without any options to the cart, the AJAX Cart Pro block will display only a notification that a single item has been added to the cart.
Since 1.1.0 release of AJAX Cart Pro it is possible to display the extension pop-up on the product pages upon adding product to the cart. This setting can be disabled in the Additional Settings of AJAX Cart Pro configuration page:
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com