Having hard time finding an answer to your question?
Check out our Knowledge Base.
Extension page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/ajax-cart-pro.html
The AJAX Cart Pro extension removes annoying page reloads on add to cart and delete from cart user actions. Items are added instantly with animation effects.
1. Backup your web directory and store database.
You can make backup copies with any tool you find appropriate
If you are going to use the native Magento backup function, navigate to System -> Tools -> Backups and perform System and Database backups
2. Log in to the Magento backend
3. Disable compilation
Navigate to System -> Tools -> Compilation.
If Compiler status is Disabled, you can skip to the next step
If Compiler is enabled, disable it.
IMPORTANT: after the extension is installed, you can enable the compilation again; IT IS CRUCIAL that you use "Run Compilation Process" function, not just "Enable button"
Installing an extension with the Compilation enabled will result in store downtime.
4. Flush store cache
You can flush the store cache in 2 ways:
Navigate to System -> Cache Management menu, and click Flush Magento Cache button
On your server, navigate to Magento root folder, then proceed to /var/cache/; delete all the content there.
5. Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive
6. Copy the content of /Step_1/ folder to your store's root directory
The extension comes with 2 design packages: /base/default/ and /rwd/default/ .
In case you are using a custom theme, it is recommended to copy the design files to your current theme's folders. In case there are several themes in use at the same store, the design files must be copied to each of them.
- Find this folder in the package: /step_1/app/design/frontend/base/default/ ; copy its content to /app/design/frontend/[your_package]/[your_theme]/
- Find this folder in the package: /step_1/skin/frontend/base/default/ ; copy its content to /skin/frontend/[your_package]/[your_theme]/
7. Copy the content of /Step_2/ folder to your store's root directory
8. Flush store cache again; log out from the backend and log in again.
Configuration options are available in administration panel: System > Configuration > AJAX Cart Pro
- Dialog window alignment - controls AJAX progress block position and appearance.
- Cart animation - controls cart update effect type.
- AJAX activity indicator - you may override activity image with your own using this option.
- Show progress animation- enables/disables progress animation
- Display options popup for - this option controls how the module behaves when an item is added to cart from Category View page.
- All Products - the options pop-up will be displayed for any product added from the Category view
- Only Products With Options - the extension will show the pop-up if a product has any options
- Only Products With Required Options - the extension will only show the product configuration pop-up if an item has any "Required" options
Confirmation block setup
The AJAX Cart Pro extension allows configuring the appearance and behavior of the Confirmation Pop-up window, which is displayed after a product gets added to (or removed from) the cart. Note, that the pop-ups for Add... and Remove... actions are configured separately (through Confirmation block after adding product to cart and Confirmation block after removing product from cart sections respectively), however, the available settings are identical.
- Show confirmation dialog window - enables/disables the "confirmation after adding product to cart" dialog
- Confirmation dialog window closes after, sec (set 0 to disable) - time to close the "confirmation after adding product to cart" dialog
The content of the confirmation block is customizable. Along with the simple text, you can insert variables, widgets, CMS blocks, etc. The Preview button allows to instantly check how the block will look like after the customization.
Insert Variable button will open a pop-up with the list of the available variables
Here's how it will look in the Frontend:
You can also customize blocks appearance by editing the following CSS file: skin/frontend/default/default/ajaxcartpro/css/styles.css
Clear Magento cache after the customization is done.
Since 3.2.0 version of the extension, you can create custom confirmation pop-ups for specific items. This possibility is implemented via a rule system.
The rules can be created and managed in Promotions-> AJAX Cart Pro Rules backend section. In the Edit Rule screen, there are 3 tabs:
- In General tab you must specify the basic parameter (Rule name, Description, Status, Storeview, Customer groups, Active From-To, Priority). Pay attention to Action selector - it defines the rule type (Product is added to cart or Product is removed from cart).
- In Conditions tab, you can define the criteria for the products the rule will work for. The conditions are based on product attributes.
- In Action tab you can configure the custom confirmation pop-up (its appearance and behavior) for the rule products. The options are identical to those in the extension's general configuration.
Magento themes are represented in a great variety. Since AJAX Cart Pro uses several basic elements of the page to work with, e.g. cart mini box (is usually placed in the right top of the page), cart top link, “Add to cart” button, etc, so extension becomes highly theme-dependent. The most common reason for the extension to malfunction is highly customized theme.
Specifically AJAX Cart Pro uses class names of the elements to get them under control. If class names of those elements have been changed during the theme developing or customization, AJAX Cart Pro may need additional configuration to work properly.
Now it is possible to make the extension fit almost every theme by creating an additional configuration "custom.js" file in the "/skin/frontend/[your_package]/[your_theme]/ajaxcartpro/" folder. If this file doesn't exist, default values will be applied.
This file usually has the following content:
parentSelector: ['.header .quick-access', '.toplinks-bar']
selectors: ['.col-main', '#main'],
For each basic page element, you can manually specify the array of target CSS selectors by a class name ('.classname') or block ID ('#blockid'). If a selector is set to "null" or omitted, the extension will try to determine the values automatically.
If you understand how to determine what names your theme uses for these basic elements - you can use this additional configuration facility.
- Wishlist functionality isn't supported with Magento less than 1.5.0. If a product has options, customer will be redirected to the product page.
- The AJAX Cart Pro extension does not work for the products with Custom Option(s) of "File" type - such products are added to cart per standard Magento procedure.
If you require to disable the extension without removing it completely, go to System->Configuration->Advanced->Advanced->Disable Modules Output and disable the module AW_Ajaxcartpro.
Also, the extension can be switched off following steps 1-5 below, without deleting the files of the extension.
1. Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
2. Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
3. Open the file AW_Ajaxcartpro.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of the extension.
4.Clear the cache under var/cache
5.Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
6.If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
No images displayed in the AJAX Cart Pro pop-up.
If there are no images displayed in the pop-up, although they should, navigate to:
System > Permissions > Blocks
And set it's status to 'Allowed'.
After adding items to cart from the Product page, their quantity is doubled.
1. Open the file app/design/frontend/YourPackage/YourTheme/template/catalog/product/view/addtocart.phtml
2. Find the the following text:
and replace it with:
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the extension installation I receive a 404 error in System->Configuration->AJAX Cart pro.
Logout from backend and login back.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
I've set up everything correctly, inserted the HTML code but there is nothing on that page.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.