Extension page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/call-for-price.html
1. Backup your web directory and store database.
You can make backup copies with any tool you find appropriate
If you are going to use the native Magento backup function, navigate to System -> Tools -> Backups and perform System and Database backups
2. Log in to the Magento backend
3. Disable compilation
Navigate to System -> Tools -> Compilation.
If Compiler status is Disabled, you can skip to the next step
If Compiler is enabled, disable it.
IMPORTANT: after the extension is installed, you can enable the compilation again; IT IS CRUCIAL that you use "Run Compilation Process" function, not just "Enable button"
Installing an extension with the Compilation enabled will result in store downtime.
4. Flush store cache
You can flush the store cache in 2 ways:
Navigate to System -> Cache Management menu, and click Flush Magento Cache button
On your server, navigate to Magento root folder, then proceed to /var/cache/; delete all the content there.
5. Download the extension package from your account and extract the downloaded archive
6. Copy the content of /Step_1/ folder to your store's root directory
The extension comes with 2 design packages: /base/default/ and /rwd/default/ .
In case you are using a custom theme, it is recommended to copy the design files to your current theme's folders. In case there are several themes in use at the same store, the design files must be copied to each of them.
- Find this folder in the package: /step_1/app/design/frontend/base/default/ ; copy its content to /app/design/frontend/[your_package]/[your_theme]/
- Find this folder in the package: /step_1/skin/frontend/base/default/ ; copy its content to /skin/frontend/[your_package]/[your_theme]/
7. Copy the content of /Step_2/ folder to your store's root directory
8. Flush store cache again; log out from the backend and log in again.
Go to System->Configuration->Aheadworks Extensions->Call For Price (or Promotions->Call For Price->Configuration) to enable the extension. The option on that page enables or disables the extension output on frontend only. If you need to disable the extension completely, please read 'Uninistallation' chapter below.
When the extension is enabled, it is required to create at least one rule:
Go to Promotions->Call For Price->New Rule to create one. See the options description below:
- Title: the title of the rule
- Tooltip: here you can specify the text in a popup which will be displayed on mouse hovering. HTML tags are allowed. If this field is empty, a tooltip will not be displayed.
- Catalog text: the text which will be displayed on the category pages
- Product text: the text which will be displayed on the product pages
- Store view: select the stores where the rule will be active
- Customer groups: select the customer groups which will see 'call for price' block instead of actual price.
- Conditions: similar to native magento conditions. Here you can create a rule for a certain products which should have 'Call for price' block to be displayed instead of actual price.
If you require to disable the extension without removing it completely, go to System->Configuration->Aheadworks Extensions->Call For Price and disable the extension. The instruction how to remove it from your system is below:
- Disable compilation, cache and external caching software, if you have one.
- Backup your database.
Run the following query in your MySQL:
DELETE FROM `eav_attribute` WHERE `attribute_code` = 'aw_callforprice';
DROP TABLE `aw_callforprice_indexer_flat`, `aw_callforprice_rule_flat`;
If you are using the table with prefixes, they must be specified as well. If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter.
- After the database is cleared, it is safe to delete the files of the extension, starting from app/etc/modules/AW_Callforprice.xml
- Now it is safe to run compilation process and enable magento caching.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the installation the page System->Configuration->Call For Price returns 404 error.
Logout from backend and login back again.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 aheadWorks http://www.aheadworks.com