- Installing One Step Checkout
- Introducing Smart One Step Checkout
- Getting Around
- Extension Settings
- Checkout Performance Reports
- Tips and Tricks
- Need Customization?
Magento 2 Smart One Step Checkout ensures the flawless checkout process with a one-step checkout page. With the module, you can configure newsletter subscription, delivery dates, address auto completion, GeoIP detection, customizing billing and shipping sections, etc. Analytical reports demonstrate general and detailed (per form) checkout abandonment stats.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.2.X, Magento Commerce 2.2.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing One Step Checkout
Command Line Installation
Introducing Smart One Step Checkout
The Magento 2 Smart One Step Checkout extension converts the native multi-step checkout page into the single-step one with all the required options at a customer's hand. Moreover, it introduces the following powerful features:
- Best checkout practices;
- Advanced built-in analytics;
- Flexible checkout settings;
- Form auto completion and default values;
- Delivery date and notice fields.
Once installed, the module replaces the native Magento checkout with a full-fledged single-step checkout page. There, the customer can find all the required options: login, payment and shipping info, etc. Moreover, the page enhances customer experience with field auto completion, country IP auto detection, Google form auto completion, and other features. An admin, in turn, can rename and rearrange checkout fields at their convenience.
To cover all aspects of the checkout process and provide a store owner with a constant possibility to improve, the extension comes with a set of checkout progression reports. The reports show overall and detailed checkout abandonment stats (checkout field completion rates) for quick and meaningful checkout page adjustments.
The one-step checkout page introduced by the extension provides all the necessary functionality in one place.
As you can see from the above image, the extension was designed in a way to minimize the number of customers leaving the checkout page. Let's take a closer look at it.
Login and Shipping Address
The first checkout block offers customers to log in and fill in the information about their shipping address.
Customers are suggested to enter an email address. If there is already an account at the store with such email, the system will recognize it and provide the appropriate suggestions.
Additionally, customers can click the 'Login here' active link to log in manually. Whenever the link is clicked, customers will see a pop-up window suggesting them to enter their login data.
Below the login and registration fields, you can see the 'Shipping Address' block. With every field, all the entered information is cached within the session. This way, if unexpected page reloads take place, all the already submitted info will be saved.
Next, customers are presented with the 'Shipping Method' block.
Here customers can choose the preferred shipping method and define a delivery date and time (if allowed by the extension settings).
The 'Delivery Date' and 'Delivery Time' options are flexible and set in the admin area. Any dates and time intervals can be specified depending on the delivery options available.
Preferred delivery date and time are displayed on the order details page.
Next comes the 'Payment Method' block.
Here customers are suggested to specify the preferred payment method and billing address if it doesn't correspond to the shipping address.
Depending on the selected payment method, customers will be either suggested to fill in the required fields or redirected to the payment method side. This solely depends on the payment method's configuration and peculiarities.
On the right side of the checkout page, the customers are presented with the 'Order Review' block.
The block provides an overview of all the products added to the cart. Here, customers can remove products, change product quantity, and apply discount codes. Whenever the product quantity is adjusted or product is removed from the cart, the order total is adjusted automatically without page reloads.
Additional Payment Options
Smart One Step Checkout is integrated with several Aheadworks extensions, including Store Credit and Refund, Gift Card, and Reward Points. With this functionality, customers are able to use store credits, gift card codes, and reward points they have to pay for purchases.
Adding Notes and Placing an Order
The last block of the one-step checkout page is the field for notes.
Here customers can leave any note to the admin that will be available on the order details page. Additionally, the admin can upload trust seals of the payment methods available and specify a secure payment label. In the above image, you can see the uploaded official PayPal trust seal and the '100% Secure Payment' secure payment label specified.
The extension settings page can be found under Stores > Configuration > AHEADWORKS EXTENSIONS > One Step Checkout. On this page, you can control the overall extension behavior, adjust checkout field names, display order, upload trust seals, and more!
The 'General' section comes with the following settings:
- Title - defines the title of the one step checkout page;
- Description - adds a message below the checkout page's title;
- Apply Discount Code Enabled - defines if customers can apply discount coupons right on the checkout page;
- Order Notes Enabled - defines if customers can leave notes to the admin. Order notes are available on the order details page;
Enable Address Autocomplete Suggestions - enables automated address suggestions provided by the Google Maps service;
Google API Key - the Google Maps API key required to identify your store.
Newsletter Subscription Option
The 'Newsletter Subscription Option' block controls the behavior of the newsletter subscription field if it is available on the checkout page.
- Enabled - defines if customers can subscribe to the newsletter right from the checkout page;
- Checked by Default - defines if the subscribe to newsletter checkbox is checked by default.
The 'Default Values' section controls whether particular fields have predefined values. Helpful for the stores that mostly ship the goods to a single country or work with a particular shipping or payment method company.
- Country - selects the predefined value for the country checkout field;
- Region/State - defines the default region/state;
- City - defines the default city;
- Shipping Method - defines which shipping method is selected by default;
- Payment Method - defines which payment method is selected by default.
Delivery Date Options
This configuration section defines the date and time slots available for order delivery and whether customers can specify a delivery date and time.
- Show Delivery Date - defines if the 'Delivery Date' and 'Delivery Time' fields are available on the checkout page;
- Available Weekdays - defines on which days of the week orders can be delivered to customers;
- Available Time Slots - defines on which time slots orders can be delivered to customers;
- Delivery is not Available During These Days and Periods - defines which time periods are excluded from the available delivery options;
- Days Between Order and Delivery Dates - defines the number of days from the order date when customers can start booking delivery.
In the 'Delivery is not Available During These Days and Periods' section, you are presented with a set of available periods:
- Single Day - excludes a particular date from the delivery options (useful for national holidays);
- Recurrent Day of Week - excludes a particular day of the week from the delivery options (for example, if you don't deliver on weekends);
- Recurrent Day of Month - excludes a particular day of the month from the delivery options (for example, if you have to perform accounting);
- Period, From-To - excludes a particular period from the delivery options (for example, your best delivery-guy went on vacation).
You can combine these periods and dates by clicking .
Shipping and Billing Fields Customization
With these two configuration sections, you can rearrange fields in the shipping and billing address blocks, add new fields, mark fields as required, and rename fields.
Almost every field of this section can be either enabled or set as required. Required fields are mandatory, and customers cannot complete the checkout process without filling them in.
To rearrange field blocks on the checkout page, use to drag & drop them.
Trust Seals Block
With the 'Trust Seals Block' setting section, you can upload the security badges provided by payment processors.
- Enabled - defines if the trust seals displayed below .
- Secure Payment Label - defines the wording that anticipates the trust seals
- Trust Seals - uploads trust seals to the checkout page.
- Custom Text - the additional text block to be displayed below the uploaded trust seals. Most of the payment processors offer a couple lines of code to insert trust seals into the page. You can upload multiple seals by clicking ;
Trust seals might be useful for introducing new payment methods and gaining customers' trust.
The 'GeoIP Settings' section provides you with the address detection by IP functionality.
GeoIP2 Library - downloads and installs the GeoIP2 library;
GeoIP2 Database - downloads or updates the existing GeoIP2 database;
Enable IP Detection - enables the functionality if the GeoIP library is installed.
Checkout Performance Reports
The checkout performance reports can be found under Reports > One Step Checkout by Aheadworks.
Abandoned Checkout Statistics Report
The 'Abandoned Checkout Statistics' report shows the number of abandoned checkouts, the abandoned checkout revenue (the additional possible revenue), the number of orders, the order revenue, and checkout conversion rates for the set period.
For simple segmentation, the reports come with filtering options. Those include the store view and customer group filters.
The date range can be selected in the flexible calendar:
In the provided calendar, you can specify any date or date range either by clicking the required dates or indicating the interval manually. Once the date has been selected, click to refresh the report page.
Below the checkout conversion chart, you can see the reporting table and chart providing an abandoned checkout overview.
You can also define which values should be displayed in the chart.
Checkout Behavior Report
The 'Checkout Behavior Report' provides you with the per-field statistics of the checkout page's performance. Thus, you can make the appropriate changes to the checkout page depending on how well particular fields perform in terms of conversion rates.
Tips and Tricks
Custom Email Variable
The Smart One Step Checkout extension comes with a single custom email variable:
The variable inserts the notice a customer left for an order into a notification email.
We added the compatibility with the themes that do not support LESS compilation. To enable the compatibility, you need to find the following lines in the app / code / Aheadworks / OneStepCheckout / view / frontend / layout / onestepcheckout_index_index.xml file:
and change them to:
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com