- Installing RMA
- Getting Around
- Managing RMA requests
- Adjusting RMA options and settings
Magento Editions Compatibility:
Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
Step 1 (Magento 2 Community and Enterprise)
Step 2 (Magento 2 Enterprise only)
It will be requred to disable native Magento 2 RMA functionality to prevent any confusion.
To do this:
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Advanced > Advanced;
- Disable Magento_Rma.
RMA extension comes ready for work right after installation.
Once installed RMA extension introduces My Returns section to the customer account page and Create New Return link to the store footer. Both links lead to creating new RMA request.
Along with My Returns section and Create New Return link customers can request an RMA from order details page of My Orders account section.
Let's request an RMA from the My Returns section. To do this click button.
At the Select order to create RMA screen specify the order you want to request an RMA for, select order item(s) and specify the item quantity (if several).
Once done, click button to proceed to the next step.
At this step specify an RMA Resolution - Refund or Replacement - and select Package Condition. These are the Custom Fields that come with RMA extension by default.
Below RMA Resolution and Package Conditions specify an RMA Reason for order item(s) and leave a message to the store representatives if necessary.
Once done, click button.
RMA request has been submitted.
All the RMA request information allong with the messages thread can later be found under My Returns section.
Managing RMA requests
RMA extension introduces its sections to the Sales admin dashboard section of your Magento 2 store.
This is the main section of the extension. Here you are suggested to approve, cancel and manage all the RMA requests submitted by the store customers.
You may want to start with adjusting the RMA grid according to your requirements:
- Click button to see though the columns available and customize the RMA grid, some columns may be excessive and some relevant to your current tasks;
- Click button to look for the RMA requests matching a set of attributes;
- Click button to save the perfect RMA grid look you found to quickly load it whenever required.
With the RMA grid configured you may want to start managing RMA requests.
Let's approve the RMA we have submitted in the Getting Around section.
Replying to the RMA
Click RMA Request ID to proceed to the Manage Request screen.
At Manage Request screen you are suggested to:
- Approve cancel customer request with the appropriate buttons;
- Reply to the customer's message or update customer on the request status or come back with other information necessary;
- Edit the request Custom Fields.
Let's leave a message as per screenshot and approve the request by clicking button.
Now the email notifying customer of a new reply and a request status update will be send.
Customer will now have options to print shipping label (to be included in the RMA package) and confirm that the package has been sent back to your store.
Confirming Package receiving
After the request has been approved and customer confirms that the package has been sent back to your store you will need to confirm that the package has been received.
Do that by clicking button.
Closing a request
Now, depending on the customer's request type, you can either the RMA or .
The original request was for a replacement, let us consider receiving a package from customer and sending a Tee of a correct size back and resolve the RMA by closing it.
That's it. The RMA request has been sucessfully resolved and customer received a replacement. Let's proceed to the RMA extensions settings.
Adjusting RMA options and settings
Statuses and Email Templates
As it has been mentioned previously RMA extension comes set up and ready for work right after the installation. However, if it is required you can always adjust RMA request statuses and edit the notification emails sent to both customer and store administrator to correspond your requirements.
There are seven RMA request statuses, each defining particular stage of the RMA process.
|Pending Approval||Assigned to the new return request automatically|
|Approved||Assigned upon store administrator approving an RMA request|
|Package Sent||Assigned upon customer confirming package sending|
|Package Received||Assigned upon store administrator confirming package has been received|
|Issue Refund||Assigned upon store administrator issuing a refund|
|Closed||Assigned upon closing a request either by customer or store administrator|
|Canceled||Assigned upon store administrator cancelling the request|
Depending on the request type it is also possible to send an email notification to customer, store administrator or both.
Along with defining email templates for the email notifications it is also possible to edit the request thread message to be displayed upon RMA obtaining particular status.
In the Getting Around section when submitting an RMA request you have been suggested to fill in RMA Resolution, Package Condition and Reason for asking RMA.
These are all pre-defined Custom Fileds that come with the RMA extension by default and can be edited here at Custom Fields section.
Along with editing the Custom Fields that come with the extension by default you can also create additional Custom Fields depending on the products or services you are offering.
To create a Custom Field click button:
- Define name (for internal identification purposes) of the Custom Field and the field type: text field, text area, dropdown, multiselect;
- Decide if the Custom Field should refer to the RMA request on the whole (as Resolution in the example) or to the order item (as Reason in the example);
- Set the RMA status at which store administrator and customer can edit/view the Custom Field;
- Make the Custom Field required if necessary (customers will not be able to submit a request without filling the Custom Field);
- Add the Custom Field to the Shipping Label (this may help identifying the parcel);
- Chose a website the Custom Field should be displayed at.
- Adjust Custom Field frontend label (name of the Custom Field customers will see).
- Add options if you want customer to select from the pre-defined set of attiributes.
Once done with the Custom Attribute click button.
The Custom Field has been created and can now be found at the set area of the RMA request page.
General settings section allows ajusting basic principles of the extension's functionality.
- Return Period - defines how many days after placing an order customer can ask for an RMA;
- Allow guests to request RMA - defines if guest customers can ask for a refund (email and order ID required);
- "Confirm Shipping" alert text - allows editing "Confirm Shipping" pop up notification.
RMA text blocks and Policy
This settings section allows displaying CMS blocks at the specific RMA request steps.
Every field represents corresponding step with the dropdown of all CMS blocks available at the store.
This is not actually a block position, rather a link available to the customer to read when accepting Return Policy regulations.
This settings section allows defining your RMA department credentials such as: name displayed, RMA Department email, RMA Department address.
This settings section allows defining templates for the email notifications about new reply by the store administrator to the customer's RMA request (Reply by Admin) and about new reply by the customer to the RMA request (Reply by Customer).
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com