Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
RMA extension comes ready for work right after installation.
Once installed RMA extension introduces My Returns section to the customer account page and Create New Return link to the store footer. Both links lead to creating new RMA request.
Along with My Returns section and Create New Return link customers can request an RMA from order details page of My Orders account section.
Let's request an RMA from the My Returns section. To do this click button.
At the Select order to create RMA screen specify the order you want to request an RMA for, select order item(s) and specify the item quantity (if several).
Once done, click button to proceed to the next step.
At this step specify an RMA Resolution - Refund or Replacement - and select Package Condition. These are the Custom Fields that come with RMA extension by default.
Below RMA Resolution and Package Conditions specify an RMA Reason for order item(s) and leave a message to the store representatives if necessary.
Once done, click button.
RMA request has been submitted.
All the RMA request information allong with the messages thread can later be found under My Returns section.
Managing RMA requests
RMA extension introduces its sections to the Sales admin dashboard section of your Magento 2 store.
This is the main section of the extension. Here you are suggested to approve, cancel and manage all the RMA requests submitted by the store customers.
You may want to start with adjusting the RMA grid according to your requirements:
- Click button to see though the columns available and customize the RMA grid, some columns may be excessive and some relevant to your current tasks;
- Click button to look for the RMA requests matching a set of attributes;
- Click button to save the perfect RMA grid look you found to quickly load it whenever required.
With the RMA grid configured you may want to start managing RMA requests.
Let's approve the RMA we have submitted in the Getting Around section.
Replying to the RMA
Click RMA Request ID to proceed to the Manage Request screen.
At Manage Request screen you are suggested to:
- Approve cancel customer request with the appropriate buttons;
- Reply to the customer's message or update customer on the request status or come back with other information necessary;
- Edit the request Custom Fields (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
Let's leave a message as per screenshot and approve the request by clicking button.
Now the email notifying customer of a new reply and a request status update will be send.
Customer will now have options to print shipping label (to be included in the RMA package) and confirm that the package has been sent back to your store.
After the request has been approved and customer confirms that the package has been sent back to your store you will need to confirm that the package has been received.
Do that by clicking button.
Now, depending on the customer's request type, you can either the RMA or .
The original request was for a replacement, let us consider receiving a package from customer and sending a Tee of a correct size back and resolve the RMA by closing it.
That's it. The RMA request has been sucessfully resolved and customer received a replacement. Let's proceed to the RMA extensions settings.
Adjusting RMA options and settings
Statuses and Email Templates
As it has been mentioned previously RMA extension comes set up and ready for work right after the installation. However, if it is required you can always adjust RMA request statuses and edit the notification emails sent to both customer and store administrator to correspond your requirements.
There are seven RMA request statuses, with each defining particular stage of the RMA process.
|Pending Approval||Assigned to the new return request automatically|
|Approved||Assigned upon store administrator approving an RMA request|
|Package Sent||Assigned upon customer confirming package sending|
|Package Received||Assigned upon store administrator confirming package has been received|
|Issue Refund||Assigned upon store administrator issuing a refund|
|Closed||Assigned upon closing a request either by customer or store administrator|
|Canceled||Assigned upon store administrator cancelling the request|
Depending on the request type it is also possible to send an email notification to customer, store administrator or both.
Gift Card code settings
When creating a Gift Card code store owner is suggested to configure the following settings:
Gift Card Information:
- Initial Amount - defines the Gift Card amount equal to the base store currency that can be spent on the products available;
- Expires After, days - defines after how many days since Gift Card has been purchased/created it will become inactive (Extension settings value is set by default);
- Website - defines on what website (if you are using several) the Gift Card will be available for redeeming.
- Sender Name - defines what name will be displayed in the field 'From:' of the notification emails;
- Sender Email - defines an email address from which the notification emails will be sent.
- Recipient Name - defines the name to address the Gift Card code recipient;
- Recipient Email - defines the email address to sent the Gift Card code to;
- Email Template - defines the notification email template.
Gift Card product settings
When creating a Gift Card product store owner is suggested to configure the following settings:
- Card Type - defines the type of the Gift Card product:
- Virtual - the Gift Card code will be emailed to the customer who purchased the Gift Card product or to the Gift Card recipient;
- Physical - suggests that the store owner issues physical gift card for required distribution type (no email notifications sent);
- Combined - the Gift Card code will be emailed to the customer who purchased the Gift Card product or to the Gift Card recipient and suggests that the store owner will double the Gift Card code with a physical Gift Card.
- Card Description - allows typing in the Gift Card product description that will be displayed above the price block;
- Expires After (days) - defines after how many days since Gift Card has been purchased/created it will become inactive (overrides Extension settings value);
- Allow Message - allows customers to compose an email message and type in the Gift Card recipient's name and email address;
- Email Template - allows defining a notification email template;
Works in conjunction with Allow Message. If Allow Message setting enable - customer submitted message will be added in the bottom of the notification email by default (you can edit notification email template to adjust the customer submitted message placement).
- Amounts - allows adding/removing the Gift Card product amounts available for customers to select;
- Allow Open Amount - defines if customers can manually enter required Gift Card amount;
- Open Amount Min/Max Value - defile minimum and maximum Gift Card value available for customers (works in conjunction with Allow Open Amount).
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com