Save your time and boost your sales with Featured products for Magento!
New features in the last version
- One product can be added more to one category.
- Option to display product in slideshow only on main page is added.
- Warning message is shown if no products were found.
- Ability to use custom image instead of the product image.
- New display type - Slider.
- Flexible system of displaying product information - you choose what, where and how to display.
- Customizable positioning and layout.
- More slideshow and slider behavior control.
- All sizes can be re-defined from the configuration panel.
- Less CPU-consuming and smoother animation.
- CSS in a separate .css file - customize it in the way you need.
- Ready to use CSS presets in the package.
- Easy copy-and-run installation.
- Fully customizable look - just edit a simple CSS to change any colors, objects placement and size, round corners etc.
- New attractive Advance Slideshow display type.
- 5 types of displaying - Advanced Slideshow, Compact Slideshow with or w/o bottom text, Simple Row with or w/o bottom text.
- Tooltip option.
- Control panel for the quick setup of the extension.
- Alternative product text.
- No side libraries, all code is custom and very compact.
- Different styles of the product buttons: numerical or the product thumbnail.
- Set the featured products to be displayed in current category.
- Automation options: display last added X products or random X products.
- Restrict the automation to the current category.
How it works
The extension adds:
Now you can safely remove old template, placed at your-skin-dir/template/catalog/product/aw_featured_products.phtml. This is not necessary step but it may be useful to keep the skin clean.
Clear the store cache under var/cache and all cookies for your store domain. Disable compilation for Magento 1.4+. This step eliminates almost all potential problems. It's necessary since Magento uses cache heavily.
Backup Your Data
Backup your store database and web directory.
Download and Extract
Download and unzip extension contents on your computer and navigate inside the extracted folder.
To configure the extension navigate to System > Configuration > aheadWorks Extensions > Featured Products. Here you can play with different options and look how does it fit your store.