Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
Installing Ultimate Theme
The theme can be installed either manually, using Magento Ultimate installer, or by design exception.
While installing theme via Marketplace, the store is put in the maintenance mode. Make sure to proceed with the installation during off-peak hours to avoid any issues on the customer's side.
Before you begin, make sure that your system meets the prerequisites for Component Manager. To learn more, see: Component Manager and System Upgrade Guide in the developer documentation.
Instaling as a design exception
Configuring the theme
How to change category banner and menu icon?
Each category at the storefront can have a dedicated image assigned as both a banner and a navigation menu icon. As per example below one can see three sub-categories sharing the same images right after installation:
Let's change the Accessories sub-category and menu icon images.
1) Log in to your store backend (administrator panel);
2) Navigate to the Products > Categories;
3) Click required category in the category navigation menu, in our case it is the 'Accessories' sub-category nested under 'Mens' category;
4) Expand Content settings and find Category Image attribute:
5) Click button and find an appropriate image for the sub-category;
6) Navigate to the sub-category to change it's Menu Icon. For the user guide purposes we will be uploading image for Belts category;
7) Find Menu Icon attribute right below Category Image attribute and click button to upload navigation menu icon;
8) Clickbutton once the sub-category image and menu icon are uploaded.
9) Enjoy the results.
Once the images are uploaded and category settings are saved you can see the imagse changed at the category page:
How to add product list/recently viewed widget?
Product List widget represents native Magento template which has been designed to fit the theme. It has the same possibilities and restrictions as the native widget.
To to add a product list widget navigate to Content > Widgets:
1) Clickbutton to proceed to creating a widget;
2) Select appropriate Product List widget type. For the user guide purposes we will be using 'Catalog Product List' widget;
3) In the Design Theme select Aheadworks theme;
4) Proceed with the widget options and set required Layout Updates;
Don't forget to refresh Magento 2 cache. The widget is now displayed as per settings.
How to find and edit home pages?
The theme comes with two pre-programmed home pages, featuring sliders, banner placeholders etc. These home pages can be found and edited at Content > Pages.
The apparel store homepage is named 'Home Page'. The electronics store homepage is named 'Home - tech shop'.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2017 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com