The extension settings page can be found under Stores > Configuration > AHEADWORKS EXTENSIONS > One Step Checkout.On this page, you can control the overall extension behavior, adjust checkout field names, display order, upload trust seals, and more!
The 'General' section comes with the following settings:
Newsletter Subscription Option
The 'Newsletter Subscription Option' block controls the behavior of the newsletter subscription field if it is available on the checkout page.
- Enabled - defines if customers can subscribe to the newsletter right from the checkout page;
- Checked by Default - defines if the subscribe to newsletter checkbox is checked by default.
The 'Default Values' section controls whether particular fields have predefined values. Helpful for the stores that mostly ship the goods to a single country or work with a particular shipping or payment method company.
- Country - selects the predefined value for the country checkout field;
- Region/State - defines the default region/state;
- City - defines the default city;
- Shipping Method - defines which shipping method is selected by default;
- Payment Method - defines which payment method is selected by default.
Delivery Date Options
This configuration section defines the date and time slots available for order delivery and whether customers can specify a delivery date and time.
- Show Delivery Date - defines if the 'Delivery Date' and 'Delivery Time' fields are available on the checkout page;
- Available Weekdays - defines on which days of the week orders can be delivered to customers;
- Available Time Slots - defines on which time slots orders can be delivered to customers;
- Delivery is not Available During These Days and Periods - defines which time periods are excluded from the available delivery options;
- Days Between Order and Delivery Dates - defines the number of days from the order date when customers can start booking delivery.
In the 'Delivery is not Available During These Days and Periods' section, you are presented with a set of available periods:
- Single Day - excludes a particular date from the delivery options (useful for national holidays);
- Recurrent Day of Week - excludes a particular day of the week from the delivery options (for example, if you don't deliver on weekends);
- Recurrent Day of Month - excludes a particular day of the month from the delivery options (for example, if you have to perform accounting);
- Period, From-To - excludes a particular period from the delivery options (for example, your best delivery-guy went on vacation).
You can combine these periods and dates by clicking .
To display delivery dates in order confirmation emails, you need to manually insert the following Magento 2 variables into the template:
- Order Delivery Date;
- Order Delivery Time.
Shipping and Billing Fields
With these two configuration sections, you can rearrange fields in the shipping and billing address blocks, add new fields, mark fields as required, and rename fields.
Some of the shipping and billing address fields CANNOT be disabled because most of the payment methods require them present and will not process payments that lack customer information. This is done to avoid conflicts with payment processors.
Almost every field of this section can be either enabled or set as required. Required fields are mandatory, and customers cannot complete the checkout process without filling them in.
To rearrange field blocks on the checkout page, use to drag & drop them.
Trust Seals Block
With the 'Trust Seals Block' setting section, you can upload the security badges provided by payment processors.
- Enabled - defines if the trust seals displayed below .
- Secure Payment Label - defines the wording that anticipates the trust seals
- Trust Seals - uploads trust seals to the checkout page.
- Custom Text - the additional text block to be displayed below the uploaded trust seals. Most of the payment processors offer a couple lines of code to insert trust seals into the page. You can upload multiple seals by clicking ;
Trust seals might be useful for introducing new payment methods and gaining customers' trust.
The 'GeoIP Settings' section provides you with the address detection by IP functionality.
GeoIP2 Library - downloads and installs the GeoIP2 library;
GeoIP2 Database - downloads or updates the existing GeoIP2 database;
Enable IP Detection - enables the functionality if the GeoIP library is installed.
If specified, the 'Default Country' option has a higher priority over the above functionality.