- Adjusting Full Page Cache configuration (for Magento Enterprise users)
- Support of other modules
Updating from iPhone 1.x
If you are currently using any iPhone Theme version prior to 2.0, make sure to disable it before installing the new version.
Adjusting Full Page Cache configuration (for Magento Enterprise users)
Due to the peculiarities of Magento Enterprise edition native Full Page Cache feature, certain adjustments are required for the desktop-mobile switching to be executed properly.
open [Magento root]/app/etc/enterprise.xml file and replace:
This should help you avoid any issues with the iPhone Theme extension and Full Page Cache for Magento Enterprise
The extension settings page is located at System -> Configuration -> aheadWorks Extensions -> iPhone Theme 2 screen.
- Enable Module - switches the module on / off.
- Mobile Home Page - allows selecting a static CMS page to be displayed as your site's home on smartphones
- Display stock status at catalog - enables / disables showing the stock status in the category view page
Here, you can upload images to be used as your store's logos in different situations
- Mobile Theme Name - allows defining particular mobile theme for the selected store view;
- Mobile Logo Image - allows uploading a Store Logo image.
- Bookmarks Icon Source - allows uploading a Bookmarks Icon image.
Through this tab, you can control how the desktop / mobile switching takes place
- Display Desktop / Mobile Switcher at Footer - shows / hides the force switch link
- Mobile Device Detection - allows selecting the default behavior. Three modes are available:
- Auto (default mode) - the extension will identify the type of the device and deliver the correspondent design package
- Force Mobile View - the extension will land all visitors on the mobile view disregarding the device type
- Desktop View - the extension will land all visitors on the desktop view disregarding the device type
Category Page settings
The extension allows selecting special CMS blocks to be displayed in the categories under the mobile view. CMS Block (Mobile Devices) selector is available in the Category Settings ( Catalog -> Manage Categories -> Edit Category -> Display Settings tab)
Enabling Checkout login pageCAPTCHA
iPhone Theme extension introduces dedicated CAPTCHA form for the checkout login page.
To enable CAPTCHA at the checkout navigate to System > Configuration -> Customer -> Customer Configuration.
Under the CAPTCHA section first set the field Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend to 'Yes', Then, in the Forms section, specify Login during Checkout (Mobile View).
Now, to login during the checkout process customers will be suggested to enter the CAPTCHA first.
To enable CAPTCHA for general Login page, specify Login line in the Forms section.
Support of other modules
Native Enterprise Edition modules
The iPhone Theme 2 extension supports a number of Enterprise Edition-specific modules, so that all the features of this platform are available under the mobile view.
• EE Full Page Cache;
• EE Points;
• EE Store Credit;
• EE Gift Card, Gift Registry;
• EE RMA.
For all the blocks/pages relevant to the above modules, there are special design instances built into the iPhone Theme.
The iPhone Theme extension is supplied with the mobile design package for a number of other aheadWorks extensions (listed below), ensuring that our products you may have at your store will be fully functional in the mobile site version.
- Refer a Friend - allows inviting friends to your site.
- Subscription and Recurring Payments 2 - adds recurring billing functionality to Magento.
- Help Desk Ultimate 3 - provides a comprehensive toolset for effective customer communications.
- Gift Card / Certificate - allows purchasing gift cards.
Advanced Search - improves the search results accuracy and introduces full-text search.
Automatic Related Products 2 - allows automating product advertisement.
- Catalog Permissions - restricts catalog access basing on customer groups.
Image Slider 2 - allows showing multiple banners in a slider box; both image and video banners are supported.
Featured Products 3 - allows highlighting you select products in a dynamic slider box.
ZBlocks - allows automating and scheduling the banners displaying.
- Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
- Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the file AW_Mobile2.xml and change the following line:
- Clear the cache under var/cache
- Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
- If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
Some theme elements are displayed incorrectly on my Android (pre-4.4.x) device.
Due to a great variety of Android-powered devices, we are unable to test the theme with every given model. However, if you are noticing any issues with theme displaying, please, report it to our technical support.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the installation System->Configuration->Add Free Product To Cart returns 404 error.
Logout from backend and login back again.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
Heavy server load caching issue: '100 router match iterations' / 'no 404 CMS page configured' fatal error
If you are experiencing any of the above issues please refer to official Magento patch:
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks http://www.aheadworks.com