- Adjusting Full Page Cache configuration (for Magento Enterprise users)
- Setting up iPhone theme on a subdomain
- Other modules support
Updating from iPhone Theme 1.x / iPhone Theme 2.x
If you are currently using any iPhone Theme version prior to 3.0, make sure to disable it before installing the new version.
Adjusting Full Page Cache configuration (for Magento Enterprise users)
Due to the peculiarities of Magento Enterprise edition native Full Page Cache feature, certain adjustments are required for the desktop-mobile switching to be executed properly.
open [Magento root]/app/etc/enterprise.xml file and replace:
This should help you avoid any issues with the iPhone Theme extension and Full Page Cache for Magento Enterprise
The extension settings page is located at System -> Configuration -> aheadWorks Extensions -> iPhone Theme screen.
- Enable Module - switches the module on / off.
- Mobile Home Page - allows selecting a static CMS page to be displayed as your site's home on smartphones
- Display stock status at catalog - enables / disables showing the stock status in the category view page
Here, you can upload images to be used as your store's logos in different situations
- Mobile Theme Name - allows defining particular mobile theme for the selected store view;
- Mobile Logo Image - allows uploading a Store Logo image;
- Bookmarks Icon Source - allows uploading a Bookmarks Icon image;
- Footer Links Block - allows selecting a CMS block to be displayed right above the native footer block;
- Enable Cyrillic Fonts - allows disabling Cyrillic font upload fonts upload from Google services saving traffic.
Through this tab, you can control how the desktop/mobile switching takes place
- Display Desktop / Mobile Switcher at Footer - shows/hides the force switch link
- Mobile Device Detection - allows selecting the default behavior. Three modes are available:
- Auto (default mode) - the extension will identify the type of the device and deliver the correspondent design package;
- Force Mobile View - the extension will land all visitors (both cell and tablet) on the mobile view disregarding the device type;
- Desktop View - the extension will land all visitors (both cell and tablet) on the desktop view disregarding the device type;
- Auto Detection Tablet Device - defines if tablet users should be redirected to the mobile store view.
Google Analytics tab:
Since 3.x version, Google Analytics can be used to gather data on how many customers have been redirected to the mobile store view.
To enable Google Analytics:
- Create Google Analytics Account;
- Navigate to: System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics and fill in fields required;
- Fill in Account Number in the Google Analytics section of the iPhone Theme settings (as per screenshot).
Category Page settings
The extension allows selecting special CMS blocks to be displayed in the categories under the mobile view. CMS Block (Mobile Devices) selector is available in the Category Settings ( Catalog -> Manage Categories -> Edit Category -> Display Settings tab)
Enabling Checkout login pageCAPTCHA
iPhone Theme extension introduces dedicated CAPTCHA form for the checkout login page.
To enable CAPTCHA at the checkout navigate to System > Configuration -> Customer -> Customer Configuration.
Under the CAPTCHA section first set the field Enable CAPTCHA on Frontend to 'Yes', Then, in the Forms section, specify Login during Checkout (Mobile View).
Now, to login during the checkout process customers will be suggested to enter the CAPTCHA first.
To enable CAPTCHA for general Login page, specify Login line in the Forms section.
Setting up iPhone theme on a subdomain
Since iPhone theme 3.x it is possible to set up the mobile theme on the subdomain of the store. To do this:
Step 1: Create a new store view and setup a dedicated domain (mysite.com/mobile, mobile.mysite.com,mobile.com) as per Magento User Guide. Nginx server users can find required information in Magento Wiki
Please note, as this feature requires an Apache or Nginx configuration, you may need to contact to your server administrator or hosting provider regarding the matter.
Step 2: Navigate to System->Configuration->aheadWorks Extensions->Mobile->Behavior set Configuration Scope to the desktop store view and set behavior section the following way:
- Enable redirect to store = Yes;
- Redirect to store = Mobile store view created in Step 1;
- Mobile Device Detection = Auto.
Step 3: set Configuration Scope to the mobile store view you have created in Step 1 and set behavior section the following way:
- Enable redirect to store = Yes;
- Redirect to store = Desktop store view;
- Mobile Device Detection = Force Mobile View.
Other modules support
Native Enterprise Edition modules
The iPhone Theme 3.x extension supports a number of Enterprise Edition-specific modules, so that all the features of this platform are available under the mobile view.
- EE Full Page Cache;
- EE Points;
- EE Store Credit;
- EE Gift Card, Gift Registry;
- EE RMA.
For all the blocks/pages relevant to the above modules, there are special design instances built into the iPhone Theme.
The iPhone Theme extension is supplied with the mobile design package for a number of other aheadWorks extensions (listed below), ensuring that our products you may have at your store will be fully functional in the mobile site version:
- Refer a Friend - allows inviting friends to your site;
- Advanced Search - improves the search results accuracy and introduces full-text search.
- Subscription and Recurring Payments 2 - adds recurring billing functionality to Magento;
- Help Desk Ultimate 3 - provides a comprehensive toolset for effective customer communications;
- Automatic Related Products 2 - allows automating product advertisement;
- Catalog Permissions - restricts catalog access basing on customer groups;
- Gift Wrap - allows selecting a wrap for the purchase made;
- Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
- Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the file AW_Mobile2.xml (if you are using iPhone Theme 2.x) or AW_Mobile3.xml (if you are using iPhone Theme 3.x) and change the following line:
- Clear the cache under var/cache
- Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
- If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
Some theme elements are displayed incorrectly on my Android (pre-4.4.x) device.
Due to a great variety of Android-powered devices, we are unable to test the theme with every given model. However, if you are noticing any issues with theme displaying, please, report it to our technical support.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the installation System->Configuration->Add Free Product To Cart returns 404 error.
Logout from backend and login back again.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
Heavy server load caching issue: '100 router match iterations' / 'no 404 CMS page configured' fatal error
If you are experiencing any of the above issues please refer to official Magento patch:
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks http://www.aheadworks.com