Magento 2 Who Viewed This Also Viewed enhances promotional opportunities for web merchants by adding commonly viewed together item blocks on product pages. With the extension, store admins can configure the related product block's position, layout, product suggestion logic (products from one category only or from different categories, upsells only or cross-sells only), etc.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.2.X, Magento Commerce 2.2.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Who Viewed This Also Viewed
Command Line Installation
Set up cron
If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: Magento user guide.
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And insert the following line:
Don't forget to confirm saving request when exit.
Introducing Who Viewed This Also Viewed
The Who Viewed This Also Viewed (WVTAV) extension places a related product block on product pages with the most frequently viewed items. The module is equipped with the following key features:
- Product suggestions are composed automatically based on the users' viewing behavior;
- The grid and slider block layout types are supported;
- Blocks can be put in one of the eight predefined positions of a product page;
- Products from either one category or multiple categories can be promoted;
- An admin can show upsells or cross-sells as related purchases.
In the backend, the module is presented as a single configuration page. Having configured the user product viewing tracking period and the related product block's look and working logic, the admin can see the block in action. On the storefront, the block is located on the previously defined product page's position. It is presented either as a grid or a slider (based on the admin's preferences) and displays either upsells or cross-sells (again, depending on the admin's configuration).
The extension works on a customer-session basis. It analyzes all products viewed by customers during their visit to the store. More specifically:
- The path for both registered and guest customers is considered;
- Customer sessions are stored in the Magento DB tables;
- Complete customer sessions are analyzed with every cron launch (Aheadworks leaves the cron settings at your discretion).
The Magento 2 Who Viewed This Also Viewed (WVTAV) extension adds the related product block to product pages. Product lists for the block are composed automatically depending on the product the corresponding list is related to.
The block can be presented in two formats: slider and grid. Here's how the slider block looks like:
The grid block looks in the following way:
The extension builds its related product block depending on the most common customer navigation path and tendencies when browsing a catalog. Once installed, the extension is activated by default. It starts analyzing customer sessions after the first cron launch.
The Who Viewed This Also Viewed blocks are placed on all product pages simultaneously. However, you can configure the block's position and content conditions in the extension settings.
The Who Viewed This Also Viewed extension settings are located under Stores > Configuration > AHEADWORKS EXTENSIONS > Who Viewed This Also Viewed.
The settings cover the following parameters:
- Process sessions for the last X days - defines for how long customer browsing history should be tracked by the module;
- Block Position - selects the extension's block position;
- Block Name - defines the block's title (visible to customers);
- Block Layout - adjusts the block's layout: slider or grid; for the grid layout, a store administrator need to specify the number of rows;
- Suggest Products from One Category Only - defines if the products in the block should match the category of the currently viewed product;
- Suggest Product Only with price Higher than Price of Current Product - defines if the extension's block should feature upsells only.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com