Extension page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/store-locator.html
Go to System->Configuration->aheadWorks Extensions->Store Locator->General Configuration or CMS->Store Locator->General Settings
General Configuration tab:
- Enable Store Locator Page (Yes/No)
- URL Key - specify the URL key to your store location page here.
- Add URL to Top Links - (Yes/No)
- Header CMS Block - You can select a CMS block which will be displayed above the store location address(es) and map.
Search Configuration tab:
Here you can configure the features related to the Find Store functionality
- Search Radius - allows defining a set of selectable search radius values
- Default Search Radius - sets the search radius selected by default
- Default Search Measurement - sets the default measurement unit
Managing Store Locations
To create a new location, navigate to CMS->Store Locator->Manage Store Locations backend page and click the Add New button. (The existent locations can be managed from the same grid.)
General Information section:
- Enable - activates / disables the location
- Title - defines the location identifier (for both frontend and backend use)
- Street Address* and City* - set the basic address; required for Google Maps to identify the location
- Telephone, Postal / Zip Code, Country, Region - optional location attributes; if filled in, will be displayed in the frontend
- Store View - defines the store view(s) the location will be displayed on
- Description - supplies optional description of the location
- Priority - sets the list position of the location. The location with the highest value will be displayed in the top.
- Store Image - allows uploading the store photo.
- Custom Map Location Icon - allows uploading a custom image to replace the standard Google Map marker.
Google Maps Settings section:
This section allows setting up map representation.
Start with clicking the Find Store on Map button. The extension will automatically find the map spot basing on the address specified in the section above.
If the auto-location didn't work correctly, you can adjust the Latitude and Longitude values manually. The Zoom option sets the default map zoom, and can be adjusted manually as well.
* Map representation is always saved as 'Map', not 'Satellite'. The options Map->Terrain and Satellite->Labels will not be saved either.
Managing Opening Hours
The Opening Hours functionality allows adding information regarding daily operations of a store (or multiple stores). To set up Opening Hours, navigate to CMS -> Store Locator -> Manage Opening Hours.
Here you can set the Title of the Opening Hours entry and Enable / Disable it
In this tab, you can define working hours for each day of the week. The 7 sections has identical set of options:
- Is Open (Yes / No)
- Opening Time
- Closing Time
Store Locations tab:
Here, you can select the stores the Opening Hours entry applies to.
Exporting / Importing Data
The extension allows to export / import Locations and Opening Hours to / from external files. CSV and XML formats are supported.
To perform either procedure, navigate to the correspondent grid (CMS -> Store Locator -> Manage Store Locations or CMS -> Store Locator -> Manage Opening Hours).
- To exportdata to a file, select the preferred output format and click the "Export" button;
To import data from a file, click the "Import" button, and follow the prompted procedure.
Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
1. Remove all extension's buttons and widgets inserted manually.
2. Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
3. Open the file AW_Storelocator.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of this module.
4. Clear the cache under var/cache
5. Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
6. If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
7. In case you need to clean the database, make a backup and then run the following query in MySQL:
Note, if you are using the tables with prefixes, you have to specify them in all table names before running the query above.
- If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter
- If you remove the tables as it is described above, you will need to set up all the locations and relevant data again after the extension is reinstalled.