Magento 2 Store Credit and Refund introduces store credits that can be beneficially utilized by web shoppers to purchase in a store. The backend area of the extension allows monitoring all transactions and statistics by individual customers. Moreover, store admins can automatically refund customers to store credits, apply credits on shipping and tax, send automatic store credit notifications by email, etc.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.1.X - 2.3.X, Magento Commerce 2.1.X - 2.3.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Store Credit and Refund
Command Line Installation
Introducing Store Credit and Refund
Store Credit and Refund extension allows processing refunds and promoting additional sales with the in-store currency - the store credit:
- Automatic order refunds to store credit;
- Email notifications;
- Manual updates and mass actions;
- Credit balance at the store front pages;
- Prices discounted with store credit;
- Credit checkout;
- Dedicated customer account section;
- Integration with Smart One Step Checkout.
The extension introduces an in-store currency - the store credit. Store credit can be used to refund orders keeping customers to the store, and award customers on occasions promoting additional sales. To issue a refund, the storeowner needs to proceed to credit memo of the order and click 'Refund' button, 'Refund to store credit' checkbox is ticked by default. The order is then refunded in full to the store credit customer can spend on any product at the store.
For the backend management, Store Credit and Refund extension offers 'Transactions' and 'Customers' grids. First provides an overview of all credit transactions and allows adding/subtracting store credit from customer accounts either one by one or via mass actions. Customers grid provides and overview of the customers current store credit balance, and comes with the reference links to customer accounts.
For the frontend, the extension adds a dedicated section to the customer's account. In the 'Store Credit & Refund' section customer can track all credit transactions and subscribe to credit balance updates. In addition the store credit balance of the customer can be displayed in the header of all store pages. Moreover every product page can have a price discounted by the available store credit displayed.
Before using the extension the storeowner proceeds to the extension settings page that can be found at Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Store Credit and Refund.
General settings control default extension's behavior and define how the store credit should be applied to orders:
- Allow applying Store Credit on Shipping - if enabled customers can pay for shipping with store credit;
- Allow applying Store Credit on Tax - if enabled customers can pay order taxes with store credit;
- Refund to Store Credit Automatically - if enabled the checkbox 'Refund to Store Credit' at the credit memo page is ticked by default allowing one click refunds.
Storefront section controls the extension's behavior on the frontend and where the extension blocks are displayed:
- Store Credit Balance in Top Link - defines if the available store credit balance of the customer is displayed in the page header;
- Hide the top-link if Store Credit balance is empty - defines if 'Store Credit Balance in Top Link' is displayed if customer does not have store credit available;
- Display prices discounted by available Store Credit - defines if the notification on how much customer can save by paying with credit balance is displayed below product price.
Email Notifications controls how the credit balance updates are delivered to customers:
- Subscribe Customers to Store Credit Notifications by Default - is enabled all customers will receive email notifications on credit balance updates;
- Sender - defines the email address from which all email notifications are sent;
- Balance Update - defines the email template of the balance notifications;
- Store Credit Balance Notifications Sent When - defines on what conditions the balance updates are sent:
- Balance adjusted by admin;
- Order cancelled;
- Refund by Store Credit;
- Reimburse of spent Store Credit;
- Store Credit used in order.
To change the email template the storeowner navigates to Marketing > Email Templates, creates new template and in the field 'Template' selects Aheadworks_StoreCredit > Balance update template to save as new.
Once done with the settings the storeowner clicks button to apply the changes made.
To issue a refund to store credit storeowner navigates to the required order at Sales > Orders and proceeds to the Credit Memo of the order.
At the bottom of the page the storeowner can see a 'Refund to Store Credit' checkbox with a field allowing for manual store credit input:
- By default the Grand Total value of the order is specified in the field;
- If required the storeowner can specify any value from 0 to Order Grand Total to partially refund order to store credit;
- Refund to Store Credit field value cannot exceed Order Grand Total value.
Store Credit and Refund extension supports manual transactions allowing the storeowner updating customer's credit balance whenever required. To manually update credit balance the storeowner navigates to Marketing > Store Credit & Refund by Aheadworks > Transactions.
Transactions grid comes with the following interactive elements:
- button allows customizing the grid look by hiding, applying columns. Some columns may be excessive and some relevant to the current tasks;
- button allows looking for particular transactions depending on the filters selected;
- button allows saving the perfect grid look to quickly load it whenever required.
To add new transaction the storeowner clicks button.
At the New Transaction page the storeowner specifies:
- Website - the store view the transaction should be made for;
- Balance adjustment value - how much store credit should be added/subtracted from customer(s) account(s);
- Comment (visible for customer) - a short message on the transaction for customer;
- Comment (visible for admin only) - a short message for the store administrator.
When done with the transaction options the storeowner is suggested to select customer(s) by clicking button. Once customer(s) is selected the storeowner clicks button.
New transaction is now displayed in the Transactions grid.
Tracking Customer Balance
For the performance tracking and understanding how many customers have active store credit balance the extension introduces Customers grid that can be accessed via Marketing > Store Credit & Refund by Aheadworks > Customers.
The grid comes with the same interactive elements as Transactions grid. Here the storeowner can get an overview of the store credit earn-spent history and see if customer(s) is subscribed to the balance updates.
Customer Account Section
Store Credit and Refund extension introduces its section to the customer account dashboard.
At the Store Credit & Refund section customers can find the following:
- Current store credit balance;
- All store credit transactions;
- Order references;
- Subscription to store credit balance updates.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com