- Registering Twitter App
- Registering Facebook App
- Registering Google+ App
- Registering LinkedIn App
- Registering Instagram app
- Registering ok.com app
- Registering vk.com app
- Registering Pinterest app (https stores only)
- Registering PayPal App
- Getting Around
- How is the account at the store created?
- Social Accounts management
- Customer area
The Magento 2 Social Login module gives online shoppers quick registration and authorization possibilities on a retail website through social login buttons. Social logins can be enabled on login, register, cart, and checkout pages of a website. The order of login options on each page can be individually set by a store admin. Additionally, merchants can view all linked social accounts assembled in a single table.
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Social Login
Command Line Installation
Registering Twitter App
Registering Facebook App
Registering Google+ App
Registering LinkedIn App
Registering Instagram app
Registering ok.com app
Registering vk.com app
Registering Pinterest app (https stores only)
Registering PayPal App
Social Login extension is ready for work right after installation. It comes with a set of four Social Login Blocks that can be enabled separately and displayed at the following pages (click the name of the page to see how it looks):
The blocks can contain up to four social network login buttons: Twitter, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn; allowing customers for one click login (providing they are already logged into the corresponding social network).
How is the account at the store created?
Whenever customer clicks a social login button he is redirected to the appropriate social network page. At the social network page customer has to confirm that he wants to use the social account to log in to the store.
Once confirmed, customer is taken back to the store and account is created.
- For Facebook and Google - the account at the store is created with the email associated with the social account;
- For Twitter and LinkedIn - the account at the store is created with a service email generated on spot by the social network (this is Twitter and LinkedIn peculiarity).
The extension introduces its settings section to the Stores > Configuration > aheadWorks extensions > Social Login:
The settings section should already be familiar to you if you followed the installation instructions and registered social network applications. Within this section store administrator can decide on which store pages the Social Login blocks should be displayed. Additionally administrator can include/exclude required social networks from the Social Login block.
The section comes with the following settings:
- Enable Social Login - enables/disables the extension's output;
- Login Blocks - enables/disables default login blocks and allows adding custom blocks;
- Twitter/Facebook/Google/LinkedIn - these sections allow enabling/disabling particular social networks for logging in purposes and store appropriate Consumer Keys and Secrets.
Social Accounts management
Another section Social Login extension introduces to the store backend is the Social Accounts section found under Customers > Social Login by aheadWorks > Social Accounts:
Social Accounts section provides an overview on all social accounts customers have linked to the store:
- Click button to see though the columns available and customize the Social Accounts grid, some columns may be excessive and some relevant to your current tasks;
- Click button to look for the social accounts matching a set of attributes;
- Click button to save the perfect Social Accounts grid look you found to quickly load it whenever required.
At the frontend of the store Social Login extension introduces My Social Accounts customer account section:
The section allows customer to look through, link and unlink social network accounts to the store account.
Linking a social account lets customers log in to the store in one click and proceed to the catalog.
These are all the pages extension introduces to the store. In the next chapter the instructions on how to add new Login Blocks to the custom positions will be provided.
Adding new Login Blocks
Via widget layout update
New Login Blocks can be added to the custom positions via Magento widgets.
To add a new widget navigate to Content > Elements > Widgets and click button.
Select Social Login in the widget Type field and click button.
At the Widget options page configure widget as per your requirements:
- Define the widget name;
- Store View;
Once the widget is saved, new Social Login block will be displayed at the position set.
Via page widget
To add a widget to the particular CMS page of your store the first thing you need to do is to create a new Login Block. To create new Login Block navigate to the extension's settings Stores > Configuration > aheadWorks extensions > Social Login:
In the Login Blocks configuration section:
- Click button;
- Name the new Login Block ('Page widget' as per illustration);
- Click button.
After the Login Block is added navigate to Content > Elements > Pages and add new or select the existing page:
In the content field of the page select required position:
- click button;
- Set Widget Type to Social Login;
- In the Widget Options select the new Login Block you have created ('Page widget' as per illustration);
- Click button.
Now you can save the CMS page and the Login Block will be displayed in the position required.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com