- Installing Shop by Brand
- Introducing Shop by Brand
- Creating Brands
- Brands on the Storefront
- Need Customization?
Magento 2 Shop by Brand adds a designated page that lists all brands presented in a store. From there, users can navigate to particular brand pages with related products. More to it, the module allows displaying a widget with all and featured brands across different site pages and in various page positions and promote brand-related cross-sells via the 'More from this brand' block.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.2.X, Magento Commerce 2.2.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Shop by Brand
Command Line Installation
Introducing Shop by Brand
The Shop by Brand extension has the following key features:
- A page listing all brands presented in a store;
- Dedicated pages with brand logos, descriptions, and featured products;
- A customizable 'More from this Brand' block on brand-related product pages;
- A brand widget showing all and featured brands (can be put anywhere in the store);
- Enhanced product pages with brand logos and descriptions (added automatically);
- The integration with Layered Navigation by Aheadworks adds a brand filter to the navigation panel.
The module allows you to organize purchases by brands. The brands represent dedicated pages that feature brand logos and descriptions and list all related products. This helps customers easily find the items of a particular brand.
The predefined brand logos and (optionally) descriptions are automatically added to the relevant product pages, this way, promoting the brand. In addition, a brand widget featuring all and featured brands can be placed anywhere in the store (in terms of particular brand pages and page positions). The 'More from this brand' block with brand-related products can be added to all product pages of the corresponding brand.
Before using the extension, you need to proceed to the extension settings page that can be found in Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Shop by Brand.
General and Product Page Settings
The 'Brand Product Attribute' option under 'General' defines the attribute to be used throughout the brand creation process.
The 'Product Page' settings define how brand-related product pages will look like.
- Display Brand Info on Product Page - defines if the brand information should be displayed on a product page:
- Don't display;
- Before short description;
- After short description;
- Before product options.
- Display Brand Description - defines if only a brand logo without description should be displayed on the product page.
'More from this Brand' Block
This section controls the properties of the "More from this Brand" related product block available within the extension. The block can only be displayed on product pages related to a particular brand. If enabled, it is placed automatically on all product pages.
- Enable "More from this Brand" Block - defines if the related product block is enabled;
- Block Name - defines the name of the block displayed for customers;
- Block Position - allows adjusting block placement on the product page:
- Before native Related Products block;
- After native Related Products block;
- Content top;
- Content bottom.
- Block Layout - allows adjusting block layout:
- Products aligned in single row;
- Products aligned in multiple rows;
- Max Products to Display - defines the number of related products displayed in the block;
- Display "Add to Cart" Button - defines if the "Add to Cart" button should be displayed below related products in the block, allows customers to add products directly from the block;
- Sort Products by - defines the sorting order of the related products in the block:
- Price: from high to low;
- Price: from low to high;
The 'SEO' configuration section defines if the 'noindex' attribute should be added to pagination to prevent SEO penalties.
Once done with the settings, click the button to apply the configuration.
Converting Attributes into Brands
The Shop by Brand extension allows you to convert the existing attributes into brands. As we said earlier, only attributes of the drop-down type can be converted.
Once installed, the module adds one more attribute - 'Brands' whose values can be used as brands when creating brand pages. The attribute is available in Catalog > Shop by Brand by Aheadworks > Brand Attribute.
Here you can create attribute values that can later be set as your brands while adding new brand pages.
Brand Pages Grid
To create a new brand, navigate to the 'Brands' grid in Catalog > Shop by Brand by Aheadworks > Brand Pages.
The 'Brand Pages' grid contains the following columns:
- ID - an ID of a brand;
- Logo - the brand's logo;
- Brand Name - the brand's title;
- URL Key - the URL address of the corresponding brand page;
- Website - the website(s) the related brand page(s) should be displayed on.
To add a new brand page, click the button.
Adding a Brand Page
The 'New Brand' page comes with the following settings:
- Brand - allows selecting the brand product attribute defined in the 'Brand Product Attribute' field of the general extension settings;
- URL Key - allows defining the brand product page's URL;
- Logo - allows uploading the brand's logo;
- Featured Brand - defines if the brand is featured - displayed atop of the other brands.
Below the 'General Information' settings, you can define the brand's description per store view using the 'What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)' editor. The 'Content' section of the page also includes the 'Meta Title' and 'Meta Description' sections useful for SEO and the 'Store View' selector if you run multiple stores and need to adjust your brand page separately for each store view.
Managing Brand Products
You can add any number of products from the catalog to brand pages. Once you've created a new brand page, the dedicated 'Brand products' grid becomes available. It allows selecting the required items either one by one or massively.
In order to find a particular product, you can search it by ID, Name, SKU, Price, and Visibility. Moreover, you can change the display order of brand-related products on the page by manually specifying the appropriate values in the 'Position' column. Respectively, the item with the '1' value will go first in the list.
When done setting up a new brand page, click the button.
Brands on the Storefront
Shop by Brand Category
If required, you can create a dedicated brand category.
To do this:
1) Create a new category and configure it as you need;
2) Navigate to Content > Widgets and add the new widget of the 'Brands' type;
3) Set the layout updates for the widget to make sure it is displayed in the required category.
After all the required parameters are configured, you will get something like this:
Each brand page features brand descriptions and logos you previously set. Below the brand's description, customers can find products related to the corresponding brand.
Products belonging to a particular brand can have this brand featured on their pages. You can either display a brand logo or a brand logo plus brand description.
A widget featuring all brands presented in the store can be placed in any required page position as well as across different store pages. To add the widget, go to Content > Widgets and find it in the list of all Magento 2 widgets.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com