Magento 2 Shop by Brand adds a designated tab to web store pages that lists all brands presented in a store. From that tab, users can view particular brand pages with related products and add them to a cart. The extension’s settings allow creating brand pages with custom logos and descriptions, choose items to be shown as related, etc.
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Shop By Brand
Command Line Installation
Introducing Shop By Brand
Shop By Brand extension introduces brands to the store pages:
- Product attributes can be converted into brands;
- Enhanced SEO;
- Automatic up- and cross-sells;
- Dedicated brand pages;
- Enhanced product pages;
- Works with Layered Navigation.
The extension allows creating brands from product attributes such as color or manufacturer. The brands represent dedicated category pages that feature brand logo and description, and list all products relevant for this brand. This helps customers look for items of a particular brand and apply different filters with layered navigation. Moreover, brand logo and description can be displayed at the product pages, promoting the brand. In addition, a brand widget featuring all available brands can be placed anywhere at the store, and 'More from this brand' related products block can be placed automatically on all product pages of a brand.
Before using the extension the storeowner proceeds to the extension settings page that can be found at Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Shop By Brand.
General and Product page settings
General extension settings control what product attribute will be used to create brands. Brand Product Attribute defines values of what attribute will be used throughout the brand creation process.
Note: only attributes of drop-down type can be used.
Product page settings defines how the product pages will look like if the products belongs to a particular brand:
- Display Brand Info on Product Page - defines if the brand information should be displayed on the product page;
- Display Brand Description - defines if only product logo without brand description should be displayed on the product page.
"More from this brand" block
This section controls properties of the related products block "More from this block" that is available within the extension. The block can only be displayed on the product pages belonging to a particular brand and if enabled is placed automatically on all pages.
- Enable "More from this Brand" Block - defines if the related product block is enabled;
- Block Names - defines the name of the block displayed to customers;
- Block Position - allows adjusting block placement on the product page:
- Before native related products block;
- After native related products block;
- Content top;
- Content bottom.
- Block Layout - allows adjusting block layout:
- Products aligned in single row;
- Products aligned in multiple rows;
- Max Products to Display - defines the number of related products displayed in the block;
- Display "Add to Cart" Button - defines if the "Add to Cart" button should be displayed below related products in the block, allows customers to add products directly from the block;
- Sort Products by - defines the sorting order of the related products in the block:
- Price: from high to low;
- Price: from low to high;
SEO configuration section defines if noindex attribute should be added to the pagination to prevent SEO penalties.
Once done with the settings the storeowner clicks button to apply the changes made.
To create new brand the storeowner navigates to the Brands grid at Products > Shop by Brand by aheadWorks > Brands.
Brands grid comes with the following interactive elements:
- The Columns drop-down allows customizing the grid look by hiding, applying columns. Some columns may be excessive and some relevant to the current tasks;
- The Filters button allows looking for particular brand depending on the filters selected;
- The Default View drop-down allows saving the perfect grid look to quickly load it whenever required.
To add a new brand page the storeowner clicks button.
Add New Page
The new brand page comes with the following settings:
- Brand - allows selecting product attribute defined in the Brand Product Attribute field of the general extension settings;
- URL Key - allows defining the brand product page URL;
- Logo - allows uploading brand logo;
- Featured Brands - defines if the brand is featured - displayed atop of the other brands.
Below the General Information settings, the storeowner can define brand description per store view using What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor. The Content section of the page aslo includes the Store View selector, Meta Title, and Meta Descroption sections useful for SEO.
Brand Page Products Management
Magento admins are able to add any number of particular products contained by store catalogs to brand pages. The dedicated Brand products grid allows selecting the required items either one by one or massively.
In order to find a particular product admins are able to search them by IDs, names, SKUs, price ranges, and visibility. Moreover, if the selection of products is determined, Magento admins can also position them on the page using the 'Position" column. The item number 1 goes first.
When done setting up a new brand page the storeowner clicks button. The brand and the products are now displayed in the Shop By Brand section of the store and on the brand page on the frontend.
Shop By Brand category
If required one can create a dedicated Shop by Brand category.
To do this:
1) Create new category and name and configure it as per your requirements;
2) Navigate to Content > Widgets and add new Brands type widget;
3) Set the layout updates for the Widget to make sure it is displayed at the required category.
After everything is set you should get something like this:
Brand pages features brands description and logos set. Below the brand desription customers can find products belonging to this brand.
Products belonging to particular brand can have this brand featured on their pages. Storeowner can either display a brand logo or brand logo and brand description.
A widget featuring all brands available at the store can be placed in any required position. The widget can be found with the native Magento 2 widgets at Content > Widgets.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com