- Installing Rich Banner Slider
- Introducing Rich Banner Slider
- Getting Around
- Managing Sliders
- Banners on the Storefront
- Uninstalling Rich Banner Slider
- Need Customization?
Magento 2 Rich Banner Slider is designed for a flawless management of rotating banner sliders. Store admins can create in-page and widescreen banners with configurable images, URL’s, animations, timing, and other parameters. Banners can be put on particular pages and page sections. The performance of each banner can be evaluated by viewing key banner stats in the individual grid.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.2.X, Magento Commerce 2.2.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Rich Banner Slider
Command Line Installation
Introducing Rich Banner Slider
Rich Banner Slider extension introduces advertising banner rotation to the Magento 2 stores:
- Multiple Slides available for Banner composition;
- Adjustable Banner and Slide look;
- Customer group targeting.
The module allows adding banner slides (or simply banners) to home, product, catalog, blog pages, or within a custom Magento widget. Each banner can contain several slides and target a particular customer group. Thanks to the flexible product attributes and conditions, store admins can place banners on a required set of pages. Additionally, the extension provides click-through rate (CTR) statistics per slider for evaluating the promotional campaign's efficiency.
Rich Banner Slider introduces its sections under Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks. The extension comes with three sections:
- Slides - allows store administrator create and manage slides;
- Banners - allows store administrator create and manage banners;
- Statistics - provides an overview of the banner and slides performance.
As it has been mentioned in the first chapter Banners consist of the Slides, - a base units of a banner slider.
To create a banner, store administrator should first create a required number of Slides. Each Slide can have a unique background image, destination URL and can be assigned to a number of different Banners.
The slides can be created and managed from under the Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks > Slides section.
To create a Slide, click . To edit the slide, click on its name in the grid.
The 'Edit Slide' page is represented with three setting blocks: General Information, Background Image, URL Options.
This screen allows store administrator to name the Slide, define customer and store view conditions and allows for the slide scheduling. The following settings are available:
- Name - defines the name of the Slide for internal identification purposes;
- Assign to Banner(s) - allows assigning the Slide to a particular banner upon saving;
- Enable Slide - allows enabling/disabling the Slide;
- Store View - defines store views the Slide will be displayed at;
- Customer Groups - defines the customer groups the Slide will be displayed for;
- Display From/to - allows Slide scheduling.
Background Image and URL Options
The 'Image' section allows defining the Slide's image and related options.
- Image Type - allows uploading an image file or defining image URL;
- Image Title - allows defining image title for description purposes;
- Image Alt - allows defining the text to display upon mouse hover.
The 'URL Options' section defines the image destination URL and related options.
- URL - allows defining a destination URL;
- Open URL in New Window - defines if the destination URL should be opened in a new browser window;
- Add 'No follow' to URL - defines if rel="nofollow" should be added to the destination URL.
Once done setting up a Slide store administrator clicks . After a required set of Slides created, store administrator can proceed to creating a Banner.
Banners are composed of the different slides and represent a block of images at the product or category pages. Banners put on the same position can be sorted by priority.
To create a banner, click . To edit a banner, click on its name in the grid.
The 'Edit Banner' page is represented with four setting blocks: General Information, Position, Behaviour, Slides.
General Information and Position
- Name - defines the name of the Banner for internal identification purposes;
- Enable Banner - allows enabling/disabling the Banner;
- Where to Display - defines at what type of pages the Banner will be displayed:
- Home Page - the Banner is displayed at the home page of the store;
- Product Pages - if selected store administrator can specify a set of product attributes that define a target product pages;
- Catalog Pages - if selected store administrator can specify a set of categories the Banner should be displayed at;
- Custom Widget - if selected store administrator can create a widget and select appropriate Banner to be displayed within.
- Layout Position - defines the Banner position at the target page:
- Menu Top;
- Menu Bottom;
- Content top;
- Page bottom.
- Animation Effect - defines the slide change animation effect:
- Fade Out/In;
- Pause Time Between Transitions, ms - defines the interval between switching slides automatically;
- Slide Transition Speed, ms - defines the speed at which slides are switched;
- Display Arrows - enables/disables navigation arrows at the Banner;
- Display Images in Random Order - defines if the slides should be displayed randomly.
Here store administrator is suggested specifying Slides that will be in the Banner.
Once the banners are set up, you can estimate the performance of each single one. At the Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks > Statistics section, you can find every slider's performance stats, including the Click Though Rate (Loads/Clicks=CTR).
Here you can filter the existing slides by the banner they are assigned to, define the target clicks, loads, CTR, or find a particular slide by its name.
This section allows identifying the promotional offers customers are interested in and adjusting the marketing policy accordingly.
Banners on the Storefront
On the storefront, the pre-configured banner sliders are loaded together with the rest content of the page. This way, it becomes visible to visitors upon the page load.
So, here's how an in-page banner slider looks like:
A widescreen banner will look something like this:
Banners in the same page position will be displayed according to the priority you previously defined.
Uninstalling Rich Banner Slider
Automatic Removal (via Composer)
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com