Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
Installing Rich Banner Slider
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
Introducing Rich Banner Slider
Rich Banner Slider extension introduces advertising banner rotation to the Magento 2 stores:
- Multiple Slides available for Banner composition;
- Adjustable Banner and Slide look;
- Customer group targeting.
The extension allows creating Slide blocks (Banners) at the store category and product pages. Each Banner can contain several Slides and target a particular customer group. The Banner positioning settings are highly adaptive and allow placing Banners on a required set of product pages with the help of product attribute conditions.
In addition, Rich Banner Slider extension provides store administrator with the Click Through Rate (CTR) statistics per slider, allowing promotional campaign efficiency estimations.
Rich Banner Slider introduces its sections under Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks menu. The extension comes with three sections:
- Slides - allows store administrator create and manage slides;
- Banners - allows store administrator create and manage banners;
- Statistics - provides an overview of the banner and slides performance.
Each section is represented by the adjustable management grid listing slides, banners or statistics. Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks > Slides grid will serve as an example for listing the management grid elements:
Every grid provides an overview of the created items and comes with the following interactive elements:
- button allows customizing the grid look by hiding, applying columns. Some columns may be excessive and some relevant to the current tasks;
- button allows looking for particular slide or banner depending on the section selected. Filters include all available item attributes;
- button allows saving the perfect grid look to quickly load it whenever required.
With the management gird configured store administrator can proceed to creating slides, appointing these to banners and checking the performance of the advertising campaign.
As it has been mentioned in the first chapter Banners consist of the Slides, - a base units of a banner slider.
To create a banner, store administrator should first create a required number of Slides. Each Slide can have a unique background image, destination URL and can be assigned to a number of different Banners.
The slides can be created and managed from under the Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks > Slides section.
To create a Slide click button.
The New Slide screen is represented with three setting blocks: General Information, Background Image, URL Options.
This screen allows store administrator to name the Slide, define customer and store view conditions and allows for the slide scheduling. The following settings are available:
- Name - defines the name of the Slide for internal identification purposes;
- Assign to Banner(s) - allows assigning the Slide to a particular banner upon saving;
- Enable Slide - allows enabling/disabling the Slide;
- Store View - defines store views the Slide will be displayed at;
- Customer Groups - defines the customer groups the Slide will be displayed for;
- Display From/to - allows Slide scheduling.
This section allows defining the Slide's image and related options.
- Image Type - allows uploading an image file or defining image URL;
- Image Title - allows defining image title for description purposes;
- Image Alt - allows defining the text to display upon mouse hover.
This section defines the image destination URL and related options.
- URL - allows defining a destination URL;
- Open URL in New Window - defines if the destination URL should be opened in a new browser window;
- Add 'No follow' to URL - defines if rel="nofollow" should be added to the destination URL.
Once done setting up a Slide store administrator clicks button. After a required set of Slides created, store administrator can proceed to creating a Banner.
Banners are composed of the different Slides and represent a block of images at the product or category pages.
To create a Banner click button.
The New Banner screen is represented with four setting blocks: General Information, Position, Behaviour, Slides.
- Name - defines the name of the Banner for internal identification purposes;
- Enable Banner - allows enabling/disabling the Banner.
- Where to Display - defines at what type of pages the Banner will be displayed:
- Home Page - the Banner is displayed at the home page of the store;
- Product Pages - if selected store administrator can specify a set of product attributes that define a target product pages;
- Catalog Pages - if selected store administrator can specify a set of categories the Banner should be displayed at;
- Custom Widget - if selected store administrator can create a widget and select appropriate Banner to be displayed within.
- Layout Position - defines the Banner position at the target page:
- Menu Top;
- Menu Bottom;
- Content top;
- Page bottom.
- Animation Effect - defines the slide change animation effect:
- Fade Out/In;
- Pause Time Between Transitions, ms - defines the interval between switching slides automatically;
- Slide Transition Speed, ms - defines the speed at which slides are switched;
- Display Arrows - enables/disables navigation arrows at the Banner;
- Display Images in Random Order - defines if the slides should be displayed randomly.
Here store administrator is suggested specifying Slides that will be in the Banner.
Once the Banners are set up and running, store administrator can estimate the performance of a particular. At the Content > Rich Banner Slider by Aheadworks > Statistics section, every slider loads and clicks, along with the Click Though Rate (Loads/Clicks=CTR) can be found.
Here store administrator can filter existing Slides by the Banner they are assigned to, define the target clicks, loads, CTR, or find a particular Slide by its name.
This section proves useful for identifying the promotional offers customers are interested in the most and adjusting the marketing policy accordingly.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2016 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com