Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
Installing Product Questions
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
Set up cron
If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: Magento user guide
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And insert the following line:
Don't forget to confirm saving request when exit.
Introducing Product Questions
Product Questions extension introduces question/answer thread to the product pages of your store. Whether you want to answer the questions yourself or let the community do it for you, Product Questions offers a communication platform with the following options:
- Public/private questions;
- Manual/auto approval;
- Guest questions;
- Email notifications.
Once installed the extension introduces question blocks to the store product pages and its section to the customer account area.
Product page blocks
At the product pages customers have an access to the Product Questions tab. To ask a question or answer it customers are suggested to:
- Specify the name;
- Email address;
- Type in the question;
- Decide if they want the question to be private or displayed for other store customers.
Below the questions block all the approved questions are displayed.
The question approved is followed by the answers. The answers can be submitted by either store administrator or other customers or both, depending on the Product Questions settings.
Each question and answer can be rated by the store customers. Rating system serves as an additional sorting tool along with the date question/answer posted.
The Product questions section of the customer account it represented by all the questions asked and the answers given.
Form this section customers can see if the question has been answered yet or if a particular question or answer has been published.
Moreover, Product Questions extension allows subscribing to the email notifications about the question and answer updates. The subscription is independent for questions and answers and can be cancelled at any time.
For the backend the extension introduces its page under Marketing > Product Questions by aheadWorks > Product Questions.
This is the section where store administrator manages and answers the questions asked. The product questions grid can be adjusted according to a particular task:
- button allows adding/disabling the columns in the grid, some may be excessive and some relevant to the current tasks;
- button allows looking for the questions matching a set of attributes;
- button allows saving perfect grid look you found to quickly load it whenever required.
The questions can be selected and published, rejected, deleted, set available for public or private, right from the grid.
Product Questions extension comes with a set of filters that can be accessed by clicking ‘Filters’ icon or ‘Views’ icon .
All the filters applied are displayed above the questions grid and can be disabled at any time:
By product grid
By Product grid is another question management screen available for Product Questions extension.
This screen represents all the products available at the store and a number of questions asked for this particular product, making this grid somewhat of a reporting tool. The filters described previously can also be applied to By Product grid.
By clicking a product of interest store administrator is redirected to the Manage Questions screen with the product clicked acting as a filter:
To answer a question store administrator needs to click it in the grid.
The question form provides store administrator will full control over the question asked. Administrator can:
- Change the question’s visibility;
- Adjust rating;
- Edit the question’s body;
- Answer it and manage the answers provided.
Additionally store administrator can set the sharing options:
- Select the store view the question is available for;
- Decide for what products the questions should be displayed;
- Set the conditions for displaying the question.
Once done with the question store administrator can decide if it should be approved, rejected or deleted.
Product Questions extension comes ready for work right after installation. However, if required store administrator can personalize the extension behavior under Store > Configuration > aheadWorks extensions > Product Questions.
Settings are represented with the three sections:
- General Settings – let store administrator control the extension behavior and functional aspects of the Product Questions;
- Interface Settings – suggest defining the look and feel of the Product Questions blocks;
- Notification Settings – controls how the notifications are handled.
- Who Can Ask Questions from Product Page – defines if only registered customers can ask questions;
- Who can Answer Questions for Product Page – defines if only customers who have purchased the product can answer the questions;
- Approve Answers Automatically – if set to 'yes' all answers are approved automatically;
- Guests can rate – if set to 'yes' guest customers will have an opportunity to rate questions and answers;
- Subscribe customers to Product Questions emails automatically – defines if customers are subscribed to Product Questions updated by default;
- Customer-defined question visibility – if set to 'No' customers cannot define questions visibility.
- Number of questions to display – defines a number of questions to display under Product Questions tab;
- Number of answers to display – defines a number of answers to display under a question;
- Display URLs as links – defines if URLs in questions and answers should be clickable;
- Default questions sort by – defines if questions should be sorted by rating or date;
- Default sort order – defines if the sort order is descending or ascending.
- Send admin notifications to this email address – all the Product Questions notifications will be sent to this email address;
- Email Sender – defines from what email address should all the notifications be sent;
- Admin notifications about new questions – defines the email template;
- Admin notifications about new answers – defines the email template;
- Customer notifications about new replies to their questions – defines the email template;
- Customer notifications about the questions status change – defines the email template;
- Customer notifications about the answer status change – defines the email template;
- Auto-Responder to customer about his new question/answer – defines the email template;
- Remove the web copies of the emails older than X days – defines for how long should the web copies of the emails should be stored in the data base (aw_pq_notification_queue).
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com