The extension comes as a part of Social Media Bundle: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/social-media-bundle.html and is not distributed independently.
Installing Pin Button extension
All the extension configuration options can be found under System > Configuration > AheadWorks extensions > Pin It Button.
Pin Button extension does not require registering an application on the Pinterest side. Once installed and configured the extension is fully functional.
- Enable Extension - allows enabling/disabling the extension;
- Width - defines the size of the Pin It button;
- Use Short Description of the product - defines if the "pinned" product's short description should be included in the pin;
- Use Price of the product - defines if the "pinned" product's price should be included in the pin;
- Use Custom Description - allows defining custom description to be included into the pin (Custom Description allows use of the product attributes and is product-wide);
- Pin Count - allows enabling and defining the look of the pin count block:
- No Count.
- Display on products page - defines if the Pin It button should be displayed at the product pages;
- Display Custom Buttons - allows disabling/enabling all custom buttons placed via CMS > Widget;
- Display Widget Buttons - allows disabling/enabling ALL Pin Button related buttons.
Pin Button extension allows placing it's buttons and blocks using widget Layout Updates or CMS pages widgets.
The extension comes with the PinIt widget.
Custom Pinterest button widgets can be introduced to different store pages from CMS > Widget section.
- Click Add New Widget Instance;
- Select PinIt widget in the Type dropdown list;
- Specify required Theme you want the widget to be displayed at;
- Click Continue button;
- Set required widget parameters in the Frontend Properties section;
- In the Layout Updates section by clicking Add Layout Update button specify the store pages you want the widget to be displayed at.
Once the widget is saved it will be displayed at the set store pages.
Pin Button widgets can be inserted in the CMS pages from CMS > Pages > Manage Content section.
- Select existing or create new CMS page;
- In the Content block click Insert Widget button of the WYSIWYG editor;
- Select PinIt widget.
The widget will be automatically inserted in the CMS page.
Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the files AW_Pinit.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of the extension
Clear the cache under var/cache
Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com