- Installing One Step Checkout
- Introducing Smart One Step Checkout
- Getting started
- Extension settings
- Checkout performance reports
- Tips and tricks
Magento 2 Smart One Step Checkout ensures the flawless checkout process with a one-step checkout page added to a web store. The module allows configuring newsletter subscription, delivery dates, address autocompleting, customize billing and shipping sections, etc. The dedicated reports represent checkout abandonment stats indicating the points at which buyers most frequently leave their carts.
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing One Step Checkout
Command Line Installation
Introducing Smart One Step Checkout
Smart One Step Checkout extension converts multi-step checkout page into a single page with all options at customer's hand. The extension allows renaming and rearranging checkout fields at the store owner's convenience. In addition, the extension offers such customer experience enhancements as field autocomplete, country IP autodetect, google form autocomplete and many many more.
To cover all aspects of the checkout process and provide the store owner with a constant possibility to improve, Smart One Step Checkout extension comes with a set of checkout progression reports. The reports show checkout field completion rate allowing for quick and meaningful checkout page adjustments.
- Best checkout practices;
- Advanced built-in analytics;
- Flexible checkout settings;
- Form autocomplete and default values;
- Delivery date and notice fields;
- Built to the best customer experience practices.
Onсe installed Smart One Step Checkout extension replaces native Magento checkout page with a fully functional page of a single step. Everything customer may need: login, adjust items in the cart, change payment or shipping method, etc.; can be found on the page. Providing customers with all necessary options and actions within a single page is the key to keep the customer from leaving the checkout page.
As you can see from the full screen of the checkout page, the extension has been designed in such a way to minimize the change of customers leaving checkout page. The page is self-sufficient in providing customers with all necessary control tools, to edit items in the cart and checking out.
Let's take a closer look at the checkout page.
Login and shipping address
The first checkout block offers customers to log in and fill in information on shipping address.
Customers are suggested to enter an email address. If there is already an account at the store with such email address, the extension recognizes an email address and suggests customer tologin.
Additionally, customers can click "Login here" to log in manually. Whenever "Login here" link clicked customers are displayed with a pop-up window suggesting to enter their email address and password.
Below the login and registration fields, customers are represented with the Shipping Address blocks. As with every Smart One Step Checkout field, all the information customers enter is cached for the session time. Meaning, that if an unexpected page reloads happen, all the information customers have already submitted will be in its place.
Shipping method and Delivery Date
Below Shipping Address block customers are represented with the Shipping Method block.
Here customers are suggested to choose the preferred shipping method and define delivery date and time if allowed by the extension settings.
Delivery Date and Time options are flexible and are set by the store administrator, any dates and time intervals can be specified depending on the delivery options available.
Preferred delivery date and time are displayed on the order details pages.
Next comes the Payment Method block.
Here customers are suggested to specify preferred payment method and fill in billing address if it doesn't correspond to the shipping address.
Depending on the payment method selected customers will be either suggested to fill in required fields, redirected to the payment method side by clicking button. This solely depends on the payment method configuration and peculiarities.
On the right hand of the screen, customers are represented with the Order Review block.
This block offers an overview of all the products added to the cart, allows removing products, changing product quantity and applying any discount codes. Whenever product quantity is adjusted or product is removed from the cart, the order total is adjusted automatically without page reloads.
Additional Payment Options
Smart One Step Checkout is integrated with several Aheadworks extensions, including Store Credit and Refund, Gift Card, and Reward Points. Using this functionality, customers are able to use store credits, gift card codes, and reward points they have to pay for their purchases.
Additionally, they can also sign up for companies newsletters on the spot.
Adding notes and placing an order
The last block of the Smart One Step Checkout page is represented with the "Add a Note" field and button.
Here, customers can add any note to the store administrator, which will be available at the order details page and place an order. Additionally, store administrator can upload trust seals of the payment methods available and specify a secure payment label. As per image above you can see uploaded official PayPal trust seal and "100% Secure Payment" secure payment label specified.
Extension settings page can be found under Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks extensions > One Step Checkout. The page controls overall extension behavior, allows adjusting checkout field names, display order, uploading trust seals and many more.
General extension configuration section comes with the following settings:
- Title - defines the title of the Smart One Step Checkout page;
- Description - adds a message below the checkout page title;
- Apply Discount Code Enabled - defines if customers can apply discount coupons right at the checkout page;
- Order Notes Enabled - defines if customers can leave notes to the store administrator. Order Notes available from the order details page;
Enable Address Autocomplete Suggestions - enables automated address suggestions provided by the Google Place service;
Google API Key - the Google Place API key required to identify your store.
Newsletter Subscribe Options
The block controls the behavior of the Newsletter Subscription field, whether it is available at the checkout page.
- Enabled - defines if customers can subscribe to the newsletter right from the checkout page;
- Checked by Default - defines if subscribe to newsletter checkbox is checked by default.
Default values settings control whether some of the fields have pre-defined values in them. Proves to be helpful for the stores that mostly ship the goods to a single country or are working with a particular shipping or payment method company.
- Country - allows selecting the pre-defined value for the Country checkout field;
- Shipping Method - allows defining which shipping method is selected by default;
- Payment Method - allows defining which payment method is selected by default.
Delivery Date Options
This configuration section defines date and time slots available for the order delivery, and whether customers can even specify delivery date and time.
- Show Delivery Date - defines if Delivery Date and Time block is available at the checkout page;
- Available Week Days - defines on which days of the week orders can be delivered to customers;
- Delivery is not Available During These Days and Periods - defines what days and time slots are excluded from the available delivery options;
- Days Between Order and Delivery Dates - defines after how many days from the order date customers can start booking delivery.
With Delivery is not Available During These Days and Periods the store administrator is represented with a set of available periods:
- Single Day - allows excluding particular date from the delivery options, useful for national holidays or anything unexpected;
- Recurrent Day of Week - allows excluding particular day of the week from the delivery options, for example, if you don't deliver on weekends;
- Recurrent Day of Month - allows excluding the particular day of the month from the delivery options, for example, if you have to do the accounting;
- Period, From-To - allows excluding the particular period from the delivery options, your best delivery-guy went on vacation.
Combining these periods and dates by clicking button, store administrator can consider any delivery dates available.
Shipping and Billing Fields customization
These two configuration sections let you rearrange fields of the shipping and billing address blocks, add new fields, mark fields as required and rename fields.
Almost every field of this section can be either enabled or set as required. Required fields are mandatory and customers cannot complete checkout process without filling these in.
For rearranging field blocks at the checkout page the store administrator can use button. The button functions on the drag & drop principle. To rearrange fields click and drag the block to the required position.
Trust Seals Block
Trust Seals Block settings let the store administrator upload security badges provided by the payment processors to make sure customers are confident with the checkout page.
- Enabled - defines if the trust seals displayed below "Place Order" button.
- Secure Payment Label - defines the wording that anticipates the trust seals;
- Trust Seals - allows uploading trust seals to the checkout page. Most of the payment processors offer a couple lines of code to insert trust seals to the checkout. The store administrator can upload multiple seals by clicking button.
- Custom Text - additional block of text to be displayed below the uploaded trust seals.
Making use of the trust seals may prove useful for introducing new payment methods and gaining customers' trust.
The GeoIP section allows Magento admins to enable the functionality autodetecting countries of customers by their IP
GeoIP2 Library - allows admins to download and install the GeoIP2 library;
GeoIP2 Database - allows admins to download or update the existing GeoIP2 database;
Enable IP Detection - allows enabling the functionality if the GeoIP library is installed.
Note: the Default country option, if specified, has a higher priority over the above functionality.
Checkout performance reports
Checkout performance reports can be found under Reports > One Step Checkout by Aheadworks.
Abandoned Checkout Statistics report
The Abandoned Checkout Statistics report shows the number of abandoned checkouts for the set period, abandoned checkout revenue (additional possible revenue), number of order, order conversion and checkout conversion rate.
The reports come with filtering options such as store view and customer group allowing for simple segmentation.
The date range can be selected using the flexible calendar:
The calendar allows specifying any date or date range either by clicking required dates or typing the interval manually. Once the date is selected button refreshes the reports page.
Below the checkout conversion chart, the store owner can look through the reporting table and chart providing an abandoned checkout overview.
The reporting table comes with the following controls:
- button allows looking through available columns and customizing the grid, removing/adding columns to match the workflow;
- button allows looking for the values matching a custom set of attributes;
- button allows saving a number of custom grid views to switch between depending on the current task.
The store administrator can also define what values should be displayed on the chart for illustrative purposes.
Checkout Behavior Report
Checkout Behavior Report provides the store owner with the per-field statistics of the checkout page performance, allowing to make changes to the checkout page depending on how well particular fields perform and customers' tendencies to abandoned checkout at certain fields.
Tips and tricks
Custom email variable
One Step Checkout extension comes with a single custom email variable:
The variable allows inserting the notice a customer left for the order into the notification email, reminding him of the message they left.
We have added the compatibility with the themes that do not support LESS compilation. To enable the compatibility, you need to find the following lines in the app / code / Aheadworks / OneStepCheckout / view / frontend / layout / onestepcheckout_index_index.xml file:
and turn them into:
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com