Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Layered Navigation
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
Layered Navigation extension comes ready for work right after installation.
Once installed Layered Navigation replaces native Magento 2 navigation menu automatically, introducing additional functionality and filters.
The first difference you might notice is an attribute multiselet. What it does is allows your customers to select several attributes without page reloads.
At the example above we have selected two product sizes, two colors and a single 'climate' attribute value for precise sorting. Once all the required attribute values are selected customer is suggested to click button in the extension's pop-over.
New filter options
Along with enhanced navigation functionality Layered Navigation extension offers three new filter options:
- In Stock - once selected displays all the products in stock, can prove usefull if you display out of stock products at your store (filter is automatically disabled if there are no out of stock products in a category);
- On Sale - displays all the products with 'Special Price' (filter is automatically disabled if there are no products with 'Special Price' in a category);
- New - displays all new products with 'Set Product as New from Date' option set (filter is automatically disabled if there are no 'new' products in a category).
At the example above we have selected 'On Sale' filter resulting in all the products with Special Price displayed.
Other new filter options act in a same way working with native Magento 2 attributes.
Additionally, Layered Navigation extension is compatible with Magento Solr search out of the box, no manipulations required.
Adjusting Layered Navigation options and settings
The extension configuration settings can be found under Store > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Layered Navigation.
The settings available define the extension behavior and additional filters available for customers:
- Enable AJAX - defines how the extension handles the category page when the filter is applied:
- If set to "Yes" the extension will only reload products block;
- If set to "No" the extension will reload the whole category page;
- Display "New" Filter - defines if 'New' filter should be available for customers;
- Display "On Sale" Filter - defines if 'On Sale' filter should be available for customers;
- Display "In Stock" Filter - defines if 'In Stock' filter should be available for customers.
- Disable "Show X Items" pop-over - defines if the pop-over with the total number of items that match currently selected attributes should be displayed;
- Use price slider - defines if the price attribute should be available for adjustment via slider functionality;
- Use from-to price inputs - defines if customers can specify the exact price range in navigation;
- Hide filters with no available values - defines if filters that do not have values for the currently generated list of products should be hidden at the navigation menu.
Version 1.5.0 introduces SEO optimization settings that are aimed at improving overall store performance with search engines.
The available settings are:
- SEO-friendly URL - defines how filters applied affect the end page URL;
- Disable search engine indexing on catalog search pages - define if the search engine indexation should is disabled on catalog search pages;
- Use 301 Redirect for old URLs - if the catalog pages with filters have been indexed enabling this setting will create 301 redirect to the page URL composed according to the SEO-friendly URL setting value;
- Page Meta Title Template - defines what information should be added to the catalog page Meta Title when attributes are selected in Layered Navigation;
- Page Meta Description Template - defines what information should be added to the catalog page Meta Description when attributes are selected in Layered Navigation;
- Rewrite meta robots tag - if enabled adds NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW on the category pages when:
- it is a second or consecutive page (pagination);
- products are filtered by position, name or price;
- selected several options of the same filter;
- product listing is different from the default values - when the product listing value becomes a part of the URL.
- Add canonical URLs - defines if the canonical URLs are added to the catalog search pages.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com