Set up cron
Automatic Layered Navigation data reindexing is launched by cron. If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/how_to_setup_a_cron_job
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And insert the following line:
Don't forget to confirm saving request when exit.
Once cronjob is set up and running, the extension will be saving every action in the log, which can be viewed in System->Configuration->aheadWorks Extensions->Info->aheadWorks Extensions logging->View log. If you think that the extension does not work as expected, it is recommended to check the log first. If it is empty or contains very few records, it may indicate that your cronjob is not set or set improperly. Normally, every cron launch should add 1 or more entries. Actual quantity of the entries depends on the number of processed events per given cronjob.
You can configure the module's basic options in Catalog-> Layered Navigation-> Configuration (or System-> Configuration-> aheadWorks Extensions-> Layered Navigation).
General Settings tab
- Enable Layered Navigation (Yes/ No) enables the extension output on frontend;
- Enable AJAX (Yes/No) - this option defines whether the Layered Navigation block and product list will be dynamically updated via AJAX, or a full page reload will occur;
- Enable reindex via cron (Yes/No) - enables automatic extension data reindexing (useful if the store has a huge amount of products and attributes).
Style Settings tab
This tab allows you to configure the style of AJAX progress overlay.
You can specify the Overlay Color and Opacity, choose progress Image and specify its dimensions (Width and Height)
Synchronize Filters - this option allows to update filters list (see below) in case the automatic update fails for some reason
You can access the list of existent Layered Navigation filters in Catalog-> Layered Navigation-> Manage Filters.
Edit Filter screen
General Settings | Options Settings | Not Visible In
In this screen, you can configure the attribute displaying options for the Layered Navigation block (set the Title, ordering position, upload option images, etc).
General Settings tab:
- Is Enabled - defines whether the filter is included in the Layered Navigation section in the frontend.
- Is Enabled in Search Results - defines whether the filter will be active in the Search Results page specifically
- Title - frontend filter name
- Code - is an internal identifier, which will also be used in URL parameters.
- Filter Source - this field is not editable, and contains a link to the associated attribute
- Position - sets the displaying order of the filter. The higher the value is, the lower the filter will be displayed in block
- Display type - defines the filter frontend representation.
- Image Position - defines the position of the attribute image in the block.
- Column Layout - defines how the available attribute options will be arranged within a block. The extension allows displaying 1 to 4 columns
- Is Help Enabled, Help Type (Icon or Text) and Help Content - these option allow showing an attribute hint.
- Limit Rows Quantity and Quantity Of Rows To Display - these options allow restricting the number of attribute options to be shown in the Layered Navigation block. If an attribute has more options than the Quantity Of Rows To Display value, the extension will add "See more" link.
E.g., a product comes in 10 colors. If the Quantity Of Rows To Display for the "Color" attribute filter is set to "5", the extension will only show 5 colors in the Layered Navigation block, the rest of the available colors will be displayed after clicking "See more" link.
- Show as Tree (Category attribute Specific) - allows displaying categories with expanding subcategories list.
Options Settings tab:
Through this tab, you can manage the frontend representation of the available attribute values.
You can specify Title and Image of an attribute value, Enable / disable a value.
Sort column allows arranging the values sorting order via simple drag'n'drop procedure.
Here's how it looks like in the frontend:
Not Visible In tab:
Since version 1.1.0, the Layered Navigation extension allows to hide a filter from specific categories.
The filter will not be displayed in any category ticked in this tab.
NOTE: subcategories do not inherit the setting of a parent category. If you need to hide the filter from a category and its subcategories, make sure to tick all the necessary entries
- Since version 1.1.0, the Layered Navigation extension adds its own Index to the Magento. The Index status can be checked in System-> Index Management backend page. The Index is normally updated automatically on "save" event, but can also be updated manually if it is required.
- Range and From-To display types are only available for:
- All attribute with the Catalog Input Type for Store Owner = Price;
- Attributes with Catalog Input Type for Store Owner = "Text field" and Input Validation for Store Owner = "Integer Number" or "Decimal Number" (see image).
- Category filter will only display categories with Is Anchor property set to "Yes" (in Catalog -> Manage Categories -> Edit Category -> Display Settings)
The extension adds "Synchronize with Layered Navigation" checkboxes to Edit Category and Edit Attribute screens. In case Category Name, Attribute Labels, etc are to be changed, you should check the Synchronize... option for the necessary values. Otherwise, the new values will not be imported into the filters.
If you just need to temporary disable the extension, you can just do the steps 1-6, without deleting the files of the extension.
- Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
- Disable the extension in the backend ( Catalog-> Layered Navigation-> Configuration-> General Settings )
- Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the file AW_Layerednavigation.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of this module.
- Clear the cache under var/cache
- Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
- If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
- In case you need to clean the database, backup your database and then run the following queries in MySQL:
Note, if you are using the table with prefixes, you must specify them in all table names.
If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter.
If you remove the tables as it is described above, you will need to configure the extension again after the extension is reinstalled.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the installation System->Configuration->Layered Navigation returns 404 error.
Logout from backend and login back again.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 aheadWorks http://www.aheadworks.com