Extension page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/help-desk-ultimate.html
As many as 78% of customers cite "Customer Support" as the # 1 factor when choosing a merchant or a provider on the internet. That's what we found out in our recent study on factors influencing consumers' online buying behaviour. An efficient customer support, case tracking and resolution system is indispensable for a successful e-commerce business.
The Help Desk Ultimate Magento extension, developed after taking on board the lessons we've learned on online shopper behaviour, is the perfect customer care and support solution for your Magento-based e-commerce site.
Set up cron
The Help Desk Ultimate extension uses cron for message processing. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: Magento user guide. If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step.
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And add the following line:
The extension's general parameters can be configured in System -> Configuration -> aheadWorks Extensions -> Help Desk (or, Help Desk -> Settings) backend page.
Advanced Options section:
- Show priority selector on frontend - shows / hides Priority selector in the frontend ticket submission form
- Show department selector on frontend - shows / hides Department selector in the ticket submission form in Customer Account area
- Handle file uploads - allows / prohibits attaching files to messages.
- Max Upload File Size - restricts the maximum size for the uploaded files (per-message)
- Ticket auto-expiration, days - sets the delay since last ticket update until it gets automatically closed.
- Create new tickets from email - allow / prohibit converting new emails that come to a gateway mailbox to tickets.
- Custom ticket statuses - in this field, you can specify extra Status titles
- Default admin ticket status - defines the default status for a ticket in case it is initiated by the store admin
- Allow external view for tickets - enables External view option
- Enable linking tickets to orders - allows attributing a ticket to a specific order placed by a customer.
- Send carbon copy to - defines an email address where the copies of all the Help Desk messages will be sent
- Send email to customer on department reassign (yes / no) - enables / disables automated email notification on this particular event.
Modules integration tab:
- Product Questions - enables integration with the Product Question extension: the incoming Product questions will be parsed to tickets. ( Product Questions 1.X branch only )
- Contact Form - if enabled, the messages sent in through the standard Contact Form will be parsed to tickets
- Show departments selector on the contact form - shows / hides department selector for tickets submitted through the Contact Form.
- Disable standard contact form emails - if enabled, the incoming Contact From messages will be parsed to tickets ONLY; if disabled, the messages will be parsed to tickets AND emails will be sent to the standard General Contact mailbox.
Grid Columns Options tab:
Through this tab, you can do minor adjustments to the View Tickets grid.
Last Customer Reply enabled (yes / no) and Last Department Reply enabled (yes / no) options include / exclude correspondent columns to / from the View Tickets grid.
The extension allows creating unlimited number of Departments. You can view the existent ones and create new through Help Desk -> Manage Departments backend grid.
Here's how the department setup looks like.
Department Details tab:
- Active (yes / no) - defines the Department status
Visible on (select Storeview(s)) - this selector allows choosing on what storeviews the department will be selectible in the forms
- Title - defines the Department name both for frontend and backend usage
Primary for store - this selector allows to mark the department as Primary for any single storeview
- Sort Order - define list position of the Department
Email Settings tab:
- Use email notifications - enables / disables email notification to the department email address
- Email (works in conjunction with the above option) - the actual email address of the department
- Sender - defines the email sender (NOTE: if you are using extension's Gateway functionality, the outgoing emails will have reply-to = "gateway mailbox")
- Use email gateways - this option defines what Gateway(s) will be used by the department.
Email Templates tab:
In this tab, you can select the email templates to be used for each of the listed events.
Admin Permissions tab:
Through this tab, you can define what Admin Role Scope (s) are allowed access to the department's tickets. Just select the necessary Admin Roles in the Allowed Roles selector.
Gateway email configuration
The Help Desk Ultimate extension allows submitting tickets via email, this functionality is implemented via the support of Email Gateways.
A gateway is a dedicated mailbox, which is meant to be used by the extension exclusively. The module will consider every message that goes through that mailbox either a ticket reply or a new ticket.
The extension supports unlimited number of gateways. You can create them via Help Desk -> Manage email gateways backend grid.
To set up a gateway, you should specify the below values:
- Status (Enabled / Disabled)
- Type ( IMAP / POP3 )
- Gateway Email
- Gateway Host
- Login and Password
- Port - make sure that the specified port is opened in your server's firewall settings, otherwise, the extension will be unable to connect to the gateway
- Use SSL / TLS
- Delete Emails From Host - this option defines whether an email will be removed from the gateway mailbox after it gets parsed to ticket
Use Test Connection button to quick-check if settings are correct.
The screen above shows typical setup for Gmail IMAP - based gateway
The tickets can be viewed and managed through Help Desk - > View Tickets backend grid.
A ticket has a number of basic properties and parameters:
- Ticket ID - is assigned to a ticket automatically on submission. Has a format like "ABC-12345". The ID serves a number of crucial purposes, the main one is properly associating email ticket updates with the ticket thread. Ticket ID MUST be kept in the subject line if a ticket is replied to directly via email.
- Status - the parameter introduced to ease managing the workflow. Technically, all statuses except "Closed" (including the Custom Statuses you might have specified) are identical, and can be used for filtering the View Tickets grid. Status "Closed" prohibits further updates from the customer side - the ticket thread can still be viewed, but submitting any new messages to that particular ticket is disabled. NOTE: a "Closed" ticket can still be re-opened by the store admin.
- Priority - the parameter introduced to ease managing the workflow. Has 5 possible values (Urgent / ASAP / To Do / If Time / Postponed), can be used for filtering the View Tickets grid.
- Department assignation - one of the key ticket parameters. All the notifications and replies will be sent to / from the department the ticket is currently assigned to. If frontend department selector is enabled, a customer will have an option to choose the desired department during the ticket submission. After the ticket is created, department assignation can be changed by admin users ONLY. NOTE: department assignation is not in direct relation with backend user account. Any admin user who have sufficient access permissions can respond to tickets, but all the message signatures will belong to the current department.
- Ticket Lock (yes / no) - this function restricts updating a ticket to the current department. If Ticket Lock is on, only the current department can respond to, and change other parameters (Priority, Status, etc) of a given ticket.
- Customer Assignation - one of the key ticket parameters. Defined automatically for logged in users, must be manually specified by guests. NOTE: if a registered user submits a ticket as a guest, but specifies their account email address, it is possible to link the ticket to their account.
- Order Assignation (optional) - links a ticket to an order; using this function allows opening the order screen directly from the Edit Ticket screen, and, lists the ticket in the Help Desk tab in the View Order page. This function also enables updating tickets via the Order Comments dialog box.
The majority of the above mentioned parameters can be changed through the Ticket Options section (Ticket Information tab in Edit Ticket screen).
Use template selector allows pasting pre-made Quick Response text.
Just below Ticket Options is the Reply section.
For the Message field, you have a possibility to switch on or off the WYSIWYG editor.
File option below allows you to attach a file to the message. The max upload size can be restricted in the extension's general settings . Multiple attachments are supported.
Below the Reply section, you can find actual Ticket Thread.
This section contains all the messages associated with the ticket, latest to earliest (pagination is not supported)
There are several actions allowed for a ticket:
- Reset - reverts any current editing to the state the ticket had been in before it was opened
- Delete - deletes the entire ticket thread
- Save - saves the current admin message and ticket parameter updates, DOES NOT send an email to the customer, redirects back to the View Tickets grid (NOTE: the admin message is still visible if the customer accesses the thread from their account or via External View URL)
- Save and email - saves the current admin message and ticket parameter updates, sends an email to the customer, redirects back to the View Tickets grid.
- Save And Continue Edit - saves the current admin message and ticket parameter updates, DOES NOT send an email to the customer, DOES NOT redirect to any other page (reloads the current page)
Additional Information tab:
This tab contains the Ticket ID field, Customer Name with the link to their account (if the ticket was submitted by a registered customer) and the External URL
Status History tab:
In this tab, a short summary on the history of the current ticket is given.
This tab contains a single text field, where admin user(s) can submit their comments. Any comments posted in this field WILL NOT be visible to the customer.
Tickets History tab:
In this tab, all the tickets from the customer are listed for quick access.
The Help Desk Ultimate extension allows using a number of variables in outgoing emails (see the list below).
These variable can be used both in department notifications templates and in actual messages.
name of department assigned ticket
*For Ticket Reply Templates only (reply_to_admin.html and reply_to_customer.html)
The extension allows viewing general tickets stats via Help Desk -> Department Statistics backend grid
This grid lists the stats on per-department basis, and shows the total number of tickets assigned to a department, and number of tickets of each of the available Statuses (including custom ones specified in module's general settings - LINK!). The stats can be collected for a specific time period, you just need to specify From-To dates above the grid.
The Help Desk Ultimate extension allows setting up automated spam filters. If Header, Subject or Body of an incoming email contains some specific text, this message can be blocked. To configure the email spam filters:
- Navigate to Help Desk-> E-mail Rejecting-> Manage Patterns.
- Specify pattern based on regular expression: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression
- Specify 'scope' of e-mail, which would be validated by pattern.
You can also view all the rejected emails in Help Desk -> Email Rejecting -> Rejected Emails grid.
If you just need to temporary disable the extension, you can just do the steps 1-5, without deleting the files of the extension.
- Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
- Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the file AW_Helpdeskultimate.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of this module.
- Clear the cache under var/cache
- Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
In case you need to clean the database, make a backup and then run the following query in MySQL:
Note, if you are using the table with prefixes, you must specify them in all table names.
If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter.
If you remove the tables as it is described above, you will need to reconfigure the extension completely again after the extension is reinstalled (department/gateway details, etc). All conversations history will be lost as well.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the extension installation I receive a 404 error in System->Configuration->Help Desk Ultimate.
Logout from backend and login back.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
I've set up everything correctly, inserted the HTML code but there is nothing on that page.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com