The Featured Products 3 extension offers different ways of the featured products representation, i.e., static grid or slider with various switchable effects – fade/appear, blind up / blind down, and slide up / slide down. This aheadWorks module allows you to easily specify all block parameters and make it displayed at any place of any page of your Magento store.
The General Configuration sections of extension, located at System -> Configuration -> aheadWorks Extensions -> Featured Products (or, Catalog -> Featured Products -> Settings) contains info about the currently installed Representations and 2 important options:
- Clear Configuration Cache - refreshes the cached details of the blocks configuration options
- Clear thumbnails Cache - refreshes the cached product images
The main configuration of the Featured Products 3 extension is done on per-instance basis, i.e., each of the blocks can have its own setup.
Setting up blocks
You can manage Featured Products 3 blocks through the Catalog -> Featured Products -> List Blocks backend page. There you can create new, edit or remove existing blocks.
General block properties and appearance
- Name - defines the frontend title of the block
- Block ID - sets the internal block identifier
- Status - enables / disables the block
- Store View - here, you can select the storeview(s) the block will appear on
- Representation - you can choose the block display type (Slider / Grid). The selection made here will affect the list of available options in the Representation Settings section below.
- Automatic layout position - defines the page position of the block. There are 4 available positions:
- None - requires inserting the block manually, as per instructions here
- Left Column
- Right Column
- Before Content
Representation Settings section allows configuring how the block will be displayed in the frontend. The available options differ depending on the Representation Type, most of them are self-explanatory.
Through the Automation Settings tab, you can define what products will be advertised in the block.
The Featured Products 3 extension offers 7 types of automation:
- None - disables automation, the advertised products must be selected manually
- Random Products - shows X random items
- Top Sellers - shows bestselling products
- Top Rated - shows products with max reviews average rating
- Most Reviewed - shows products with max number of customer reviews
- Recently Added - shows the latest created products
- Current Category Products - shows Random Products, Top Sellers, Top Rated, Most Reviewed or Recently Added items from the currently viewed category ONLY.
If Automation Type is is set to Random Products, Top Sellers, Top Rated, Most Reviewed or Recently Added , the list of the available options is identical:
- Select Categories - this option allows defining from what categories the featured products will be pulled
- Quantity Limit - restricts the number of advertised products for the block
If Automation Type is is set to Current Category Products, the featured products will be taken from the category the visitor is currently viewing.
You are to define the Automation Sub-Type (Random Products, Top Sellers, Top Rated, Most Reviewed or Recently Added items) and the Quantity Limit
Custom block position
Block is automatically shown at the defined position if you select any value except None in the Automatic layout position field. If None is selected, the FP block must be inserted manually, via any of the methods described below.
Inserting via CMS
You can use the below code to call a block in a CMS static page or block.
For inserting block by its ID:
For inserting block by its increment ID:
Inserting via Frontend App
To insert a block via a Frontend App:
- Create AW Featured block
- Open the CMS -> Frontend Apps page. Click the Add New Frontend App Instance button
- Select the AW Featured block option in the Type dialog screen. Click the Continue button
- Fill all fileds in the Frontend Properties fieldset and click the Add Layout Update button
- Select pages, where block should be located in the Display On field and select area, where block will be shown in the Block Reference field
- Go to the Frontend App Options tab and select previously created AW Featured block
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com