Magento 2 FAQ creates a dedicated page with frequently asked customer questions. FAQ articles can be attributed to specific categories based on the issue. Users can assess the usefulness of each article on the corresponding article page. Moreover, customers can search for info by articles from both the main FAQ and individual article pages.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.2.X, Magento Commerce 2.2.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Command Line Installation
The Magento 2 FAQ extension introduces a tab with the most frequently asked questions and answers to them to the storefront:
- FAQ article helpfulness rating;
- Content view restrictions per customer group;
- Uploadable FAQ category icons;
- Question form on article pages;
- Multi-column block design;
- SEO enhancements: metadata; canonical URL's, sitemap, article URL's.
With the extension, shoppers can find the answers to the required questions in a simple and convenient way. Having answered the same question a couple of times, store admins might want to compose a dedicated section with the step-by-step instructions on how to avoid the most frequent issues. Split by custom categories, articles can be composed and edited by an admin via the native Magento 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) editor. Additionally, the admin can upload custom category and article list icons.
The admin can precisely set up the visibility of the FAQ content per user group.
Since some articles might be relevant only for particular language audiences (for example, questions about the payment methods that available only in certain countries, worldwide delivery notices that are required only by local customers, etc.), they can be created for individual store views. This way, thanks to the Magento 2 FAQ module, store admins can target particular audiences. Each article can be assigned to one of the existing categories.
Users can rate the helpfulness of each article and ask for further clarification in a question form provided on article pages.
In the admin area, the module is conditionally divided into the 'Categories' and 'Articles' grids, and the 'Configuration' page.
FAQ on the Storefront
On the storefront, the FAQ section can be accessed from the main navigation menu. FAQ is always within the customers' reach suggesting them to get acquainted with the already discussed issues before asking questions.
The FAQ section consists of the following elements:
- FAQ category - contains articles united by the same topic;
- FAQ article - includes the question and the answer to it. Users can vote the helpfulness of each article;
- Article search - a search tool that finds the relevant answers.
Besides voting the article's helpfulness, users can ask for the additional details by submitting their questions in the dedicated question form.
The FAQ extension's configuration settings are located under Stores > Configuration > AHEADWORKS EXTENSIONS > FAQ.
The 'General Settings' section controls the extension's behavior, layout, metadata, and the availability for particular user groups.
- FAQ name - defines the name of the FAQ index page to be displayed on the storefront;
- FAQ route - defines the URL path to the FAQ index page;
- FAQ main page meta title - defines the FAQ index page meta title for SEO purposes;
- FAQ main page meta description - defines the FAQ index page meta description for SEO purposes;
- Default number of columns on FAQ main page - adjusts the FAQ category layout to 1, 2, or 3 columns;
- Enable search in articles - defines if the dedicated article search should be enabled for FAQ pages (might not be required depending on the number of the available articles);
- Display link to FAQ in the top menu - defines if the storefront FAQ name should be displayed in the top menu along with the account sign-in options;
- Display link to FAQ in the main navigation - defines if the storefront FAQ name should be displayed in the main navigation menu;
- Display link to FAQ in the footer links - defines if the storefront FAQ name should be displayed in the store's footer;
- Enable "Ask a question" form on the article pages - enables the question submission form on the storefront;
- Email address for the questions from article pages - defines the email address the submitted questions should be sent to;
- Who can view FAQ content - defines the user groups that can view the FAQ content.
The 'Articles Helpfulness' section controls how the extension behaves regarding the article's helpfulness rating. The following settings are available:
- Who can view helpfulness - defines the user groups that can view the rating of each article;
- Display helpfulness rate before voting - defines if the helpfulness rating should be displayed to users before they cast a vote;
- Display helpfulness rate after voting - defines if helpfulness rating should be displayed to users after they cast a vote.
Having configured the extension settings, click at the top right of the page.
After configuring the extension settings, navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Categories to create FAQ categories.
Categories listed in the 'FAQ Categories' grid represent a certain thematic unit. They are suggested to contain a set of articles on the corresponding topic.
The data in the grid is divided into the following columns:
- ID - an id of a category;
- Category Name - the title of the category;
- URL Key - the URL key of the category;
- Status - the category status;
- Store View - the store view the category is displayed at;
- Sort Order - the position of the category in the category list.
To create a new category, click .
The 'New Category' page provides you with the following set of parameters:
- Enable categories - turn the switcher on to enable the category on the storefront;
- Category name - the title of the category;
- URL key - the URL key of the category page;
- Store view - the store view the category should be displayed at;
- Sort order - the position of the category in the category list;
- Number of articles to display on FAQ main page - the number of the categories that should be displayed on the FAQ main page;
- Category icon - uploads a custom category icon;
- Article list icon - uploads a custom category list icon.
The module also provides a couple of SEO parameters so that you can gain the necessary presence in search engines:
- Meta title - the meta title of the category;
- Meta description - the meta description of the category.
Once all the required settings are configured, click at the top right of the page.
To create and manage FAQ articles, navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles.
In the 'FAQ Articles' grid, articles are listed within the particular category.
- ID - an id of the article;
- Article Name - the title of the article;
- URL Key - the article's URL;
- Sort Order - shows the order according to which the article is displayed within the category;
- Number of helpful votes - the number of votes left in favor of the article's helpfulness;
- Number of total votes - the total number of votes;
- Store View - the store view the article should be displayed at;
- Helpfulness Rate - the percentage of helpful votes (from the total number of votes).
To create a new article, click .
- Enable article - defines if the article is enabled on the storefront;
- Article title - defines the article's name;
- URL key - defines the article's URL;
- Store view - defines the store view the article should be displayed on;
- Category - defines the category the article relates to;
- Sort order - defines the order in which the article is displayed within the category;
- Meta title - defines the article's meta title for SEO purposes;
- Meta description - defines the article's meta description for SEO purposes.
Besides the main parameters, you should define the article's content and the statistical parameters.
The module creates/edits content via the WYSIWYG editor.
The 'Statistics' parameters include the following:
- Number of helpful votes - indicates the number of helpful votes (the value is editable);
- Number of total votes - indicates the number of total votes (the value is editable).
Once the settings have been configured, click at the top right of the page. To delete the previously created article, click next to .
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com