The Magento 2 FAQ module creates dedicated pages with frequently asked customer questions on particular issues and solutions to them. FAQ articles can be attributed to specific categories based on the issue, and shoppers can assess the usefulness of each article through the extension’s rating system.
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Command Line Installation
The Magento 2 FAQ extension introduces a tab with the most frequently asked questions and answers to them to the storefront:
- Answer helpfulness rating;
- Customer group targeting;
- Multi-column adjustable design;
- SEO enhancements: metadata; canonical URL's, sitemap, article URL's.
The extension eases the load on a web store's support team by allowing shoppers to find the answers to required questions in a simple and convenient way. Having answered the same question a couple of times, store admins may want to compose a dedicated section with the step-by-step instructions on how to avoid the most frequent issues. Split by custom categories, articles can be composed and edited with the native Magento 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) editor.
Since some articles may be relevant only for particular language audiences (for example, questions on payment methods that are available only for certain countries, worldwide delivery notices that are required only by local customers), they can be created for individual store views. This way, the Magento 2 FAQ module allows targeting particular audiences.
Customers can rate the helpfulness of each article. In case a customer votes the article as not helpful, a custom message will appear offering further assistance.
At the storefront, the FAQ section can be accessed from the main navigation menu. Acting as an additional section, FAQ is always within the customers' reach suggesting them to get acquainted with already discussed issues before asking questions.
The FAQ section consists of the following elements:
- FAQ menu reference - the additional navigation menu section that is added by the extension when it is installed, and the first article is created;
- FAQ category - contains articles united by the same topic;
- FAQ article - includes the question and the answer to it. Articles can be voted for helpfulness by customers;
- Dedicated article search - the search tool that allows customers to find the relevant answers. The search doesn't work with other store sections, such as product pages or blog articles.
Depending on the extension's settings, the FAQ page can display a certain number of articles, while all the rest (if any) will become available by clicking on the 'Read <the number of extra articles> more articles' link. Having clicked on the link, a customer is redirected to the dedicated FAQ category page with all the articles available for reading. In addition, Dedicated article search can be used to find articles by keywords in article titles.
This is how the article looks like. In addition to reading answers, customers can rate the helpfulness of each particular article. Depending on how the customer rated the article, the 'thank you' message (if the customer rated 'helpful') or a custom message (the customer rated 'not helpful') that suggests providing feedback or contact the support team is displayed.
In addition to helpfulness ratings, customers are able to submit their questions directly on FAQ article pages. The submission form is simple and contains only three mandatory fields: name, email, and question.
Once installed, the FAQ extension adds its configuration settings to Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks extensions > FAQ.
This is the first place a store administrator should visit after the extension is installed.
The General Settings section controls the extension's behavior, layout, metadata, and the availability for particular customer groups. The following settings are presented in the settings block:
- FAQ name - defines the name of the FAQ index page to be displayed at the storefront;
- FAQ route - defines the URL path to the FAQ index page and all the categories and articles;
- FAQ main page meta title - defines the FAQ index page meta title for SEO purposes;
- FAQ main page meta description - defines the FAQ index page meta description for SEO purposes;
- Default number of columns on FAQ main page - allows adjusting FAQ category layout to 1, 2, or 3 columns;
- Enable search in articles - defines if the dedicated article search should be enabled for FAQ pages (may not be required depending on the number of available articles);
- Display link to FAQ in the top menu - defines if the storefront FAQ name should be displayed in the top menu along with account sign in options;
- Display link to FAQ in the main navigation - defines if the storefront FAQ name should be displayed in the main navigation menu;
- Display link to FAQ in the footer links - defines if the storefront FAQ name should be displayed in the store's footer;
- Enable "Ask a question" form on the article pages - enables the question submission form on the frontend;
- Email address for the questions from article pages - defines the email receiving frontend question submissions;
- Who can view FAQ content - defines the customer groups who can view FAQ content
The Articles Helpfulness section controls how the extension behaves regarding the article's helpfulness rating. The following settings are available:
- Who Can View Helpfulness - defines customer groups that can view the rating of each article;
- Display Helpfulness Rate Before Voting - defines if the helpfulness rating should be displayed to all customers before they cast a vote;
- Display Helpfulness Rate After Voting - defines if helpfulness rating should be displayed to all customers after they cast a vote.
Having configured the extension's settings, click the button.
Articles and Categories
After configuring the extension's settings, the store administrator may want to navigate to the Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles/Categories sections to fill FAQ with content.
FAQ Articles and FAQ Categories dashboards
Each section is represented in the adjustable management grid listing articles and categories correspondingly statistics. Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles grid will serve as an example of the management grid elements:
Every grid provides an overview of the created items and comes with the following interactive elements:
- The button allows customizing the grid look by hiding, applying columns. Some columns may be excessive and some relevant to the current tasks;
- The button allows looking for particular article or category depending on the section selected. Filters include all available item attributes;
- The button allows saving the perfect grid look to quickly load it whenever required.
With the management grid configured, the store administrator can proceed to create articles and appointing these to categories.
To create and manage FAQ categories navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Categories.
Categories represent a thematic unit of FAQ extension. Categories are suggested to contain a set of articles on a particular theme.
To create new category, click the button.
Category settings are split into two blocks: general settings and SEO:
- Enable category - defines if the category is enabled on the storefront;
- Category name - defines the category's name;
- URL Key - defines the category's URL;
- Store View - defines the store views the category should be displayed on;
- Sort Order - defines the order in which categories are displayed at the FAQ index page;
- Number articles to display - defines the number of articles displayed under the category, all the additional articles will be cropped under 'Read <number of extra articles> more articles' link;
- Category icon - allows uploading an icon that will define the category;
- Article list icons - allows uploading images to be used as list points to highlight particular categories with distinct colors.
SEO settings are represented by:
- Meta Title - defines the category meta title for SEO purposes;
- Meta Description - defines the category meta description for SEO purposes.
To create and manage FAQ articles, navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles.
In the FAQ Articles grid, articles are listed within the particular category and answer the related question.
To create a new article, click the button.
Article settings are split into three blocks: general settings, content, and statistics:
- Enable article - defines if the article is enabled on the storefront;
- Article name - defines the article's name;
- URL Key - defines the article's URL;
- Store View - defines the store views the article should be displayed on;
- Category - defines which category the article relates to;
- Sort Order - defines the order in which articles are displayed within the category;
- Meta Title - defines the article's meta title for SEO purposes;
- Meta Description - defines the article's meta description for SEO purposes.
Here, the store administrator is suggested to answer a question or provide information on relevant topic. The Content block is represented by the native Magento WYSIWYG editor with the text field.
This block reflects how customers rate the article's helpfulness and allows adjusting helpfulness ratings if required. The block is represented by two fields:
- Number of helpful votes - allows adjusting the number of helpful votes left by customers;
- Number of total votes - allows adjusting the total number of votes left by customers.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com