Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
FAQ extension introduces a table of the most frequent questions and answers to the store front:
- Answer helpfulness rating;
- Customer group targeting;
- Multi-column adjustable design;
- SEO friendly: meta data; canonical URLs, sitemap, article URLs.
The extension eases the load on the support team of the store by allowing customers to find the answers to required questions in a simple and convenient way. Having answered a question a couple of times store representatives may want to compose an article with the step by step instructions on how to avoid the most frequent issues. The answers can be composed using native Magento What You See Is What You Get editor (WYSIWYG), contain different media sources and properly edited for better readability.
Some of the articles can be edited for internal company educational purposes with the help of customer group management and multi-store support. Some of the articles can be relevant only for a particular audience, for example: questions on payment methods available only for certain countries, worldwide delivery notices that will only take time of the local customers. With the help of FAQ extension for Magento, store administrators can target audience they want to have more insight on the question.
Customers are suggested to rate the helpfulness of the article. Whether the answer didn't meet the expectations and customer rated an article poor a notification with the suggestion to contact support team or send a feedback will appear. The notification can be adjusted according to the accepted support model.
At the storefront FAQ can be accessed via the main navigation menu. Acting as an additional category, FAQ is always within a reach of customers and suggests reading before asking.
FAQ page consists of the following elements:
- FAQ menu reference - is an additional navigation menu element that is added by the extension when it is installed and the first article is available;
- FAQ category - is a thematic unit of the extension that is suggested to contain articles on the relevant topic;
- FAQ article - is a knowledge unit that consists of the question and an answer. Articles can be voted for helpfulness by customers;
- Dedicated article search - is an in-extension search tool that allows customers looking for the relevant answers. The search doesn't work with the other store items such as products or blog articles.
Depending on the extension settings FAQ Categories can display a certain number of articles, all the extra articles will be cropped under 'Read <number of extra articles> more articles' link. Having clicked on the this link customer is redirected to the dedicated FAQ category page will all the articles available for reading. In addition, Dedicated article search can be used to find an article by the key word. Search prioritizes keywords with the article titles, next come article bodies (answers).
This is how articles look like. Along with the answer customers can see and rate helpfulness of the article. Depending on how customer rated an article they are either displayed with the 'thank you' message or notification with the suggestion to provide feedback or contact support team.
Once installed FAQ extension adds it's configuration settings to Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks extensions > FAQ.
This is the first place store administrator wants to visit when the extension is installed.
General Settings section controls the extension behavior, layout, meta data, and availability for particular customer groups. The following settings are available within the block:
- StoreFront FAQ Name - defines the name of the FAQ index page to be displayed at the storefront;
- FAQ Route - defines the URL path to the FAQ index page and all the categories and articles;
- FAQ Index Meta Title - defines FAQ index page meta title for SEO purposes;
- FAQ Index Meta Description - defines FAQ index page meta description for SEO purposes;
- Default Number of Columns on FAQ Index - allows adjusting FAQ category layout to 1, 2 or 3 columns;
- Allow search FAQ articles - defines if the search Dedicated article search should be enabled for FAQ pages, may not be required considering the number of available articles;
- Show FAQ link in Top menu - defines if the StoreFront FAQ Name should be displayed in the top menu along with account sign in options;
- Show FAQ link in Categories menu - defines if the StoreFront FAQ Name should be displayed in the main navigation menu
- Show FAQ link in Footer menu - defines if the StoreFront FAQ Name should be displayed at the store footer;
- Disable FAQ for Customer Groups - defines the customer groups the FAQ index page should or should not be displayed to.
Articles Helpfulness section controls how the extension behaves in regards to the article helpfulness rating. The following settings are available within the block:
- Who Can View Helpfulness - defines customer groups that are eligible to rate articles for helpfulness;
- Show Helpfulness Rate Before Voting - defines if helpfulness rating should be displayed to all customers before they cast a vote;
- Show Helpfulness Rate After Voting - defines if helpfulness rating should still be displayed to all customers after they cast a vote;
- Message displayed if customer voted "Not helpful" - defines what message should be displayed if customer rated article as "Not helpful". The notification message is automatically converted into a link to link to the store Contact form.
Once done with configuring extension settings click button.
Articles and Categories
Once done with the extension settings store administrator may want to navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles/Categories sections to proceed with filling the FAQ with content.
Each section is represented by the adjustable management grid listing articles and categories correspondingly statistics. Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles grid will serve as an example of the management grid elements:
Every grid provides an overview of the created items and comes with the following interactive elements:
- button allows customizing the grid look by hiding, applying columns. Some columns may be excessive and some relevant to the current tasks;
- button allows looking for particular article or category depending on the section selected. Filters include all available item attributes;
- button allows saving the perfect grid look to quickly load it whenever required.
With the management gird configured store administrator can proceed to creating articles and appointing these to categories.
To create and mange FAQ categories navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Categories.
Categories represent a thematic unit of FAQ extension. Categories are suggested to contain a set of articles on a particular theme.
To create new category click button.
Category settings are split into two blocks: general settings and SEO:
- Enable category - defines if the category is enabled on the storefront;
- Category name - defines the category name;
- URL Key - defines the category URL;
- Store View - defines the store views the category should be displayed at;
- Sort Order - defines the order in which categories are displayed at the FAQ index page;
- Number articles to display - defines the number of articles displayed under category, all the additional articles will be cropped under 'Read <number of extra articles> more articles' link;
- Category icon - allows uploading an icon that will define the category;
- Article list icons - allows uploading images to be used as list points to highlight particular category with a color.
SEO settings are represented by:
- Meta Title - defines category meta title for SEO purposes;
- Meta Description - defines category meta description for SEO purposes.
To create and mange FAQ articles navigate to Content > FAQ by Aheadworks > Articles.
Articles are a knowledge unit of FAQ extension. Articles are listed withing a particular category and answer a relevant question.
To create new article click button.
Article settings are split into three blocks: general settings, content and statistics:
- Enable article - defines if the article is enabled on the storefront;
- Article name - defines the article name;
- URL Key - defines the article URL;
- Store View - defines the store views the article should be displayed at;
- Category - defines to which category article belongs;
- Sort Order - defines the order in which articles are displayed under a category;
- Meta Title - defines article meta title for SEO purposes;
- Meta Description - defines article meta description for SEO purposes.
Here store administrator is suggested to answer a question or provide information on a relevant topic. The Content block is represented by the native Magento WYSIWYG edotor with the text field.
This block reflects how customer have rated article's helpfulness and allows adjusting helpfulness ratings if required. The block is represented by two fields:
- Helpful Votes - allows adjusting the number of helpful votes casted by customers;
- Total Votes - allows adjusting the total number of votes casted by customers.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2016 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com