The Magento 2 Custom Static Blocks extension allows web merchants to smartly arrange the layout of their stores via customizable content blocks. For individual customer groups, store admins can create static blocks by choosing the pages where each block should be displayed and in-page block positions. By using conditions, admins can apply each block to a custom selection of products. Finally, the scheduling options enable them to display blocks at specific times and time periods.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.2.X, Magento Commerce 2.2.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Custom Static Blocks
Command Line Installation
The extension introduces its section under Content > Custom Static Blocks by aheadWorks > Manage Blocks
Manage Blocks screen is the management center of the extension. Here store administrator can:
- Create new blocks;
- Enable/disable/delete existing blocks;
- Click the block to proceed to the block editing page.
Here store administrator can also adjust the Manage Blocks screen look and feel according to requirements:
- button allows adding/disabling the blocks grid columns, some may be excessive and some relevant to your current tasks;
- button allows looking for the custom blocks matching a set of attributes;
- button allows saving perfect custom blocks grid look you found to quickly load it whenever required.
That is all for the Custom Static Blocks store backend pages. The extension does not have general settings as all the blocks are configured separately.
Creating a custom static block
Click button at the Manage Blocks screen to create first custom block.
At the General section of the new static block page administrator is suggested to define where and how the block will be displayed. The screen offers the following settings:
- Name - the name of the static block for internal identification purposes;
- Status - the status of the block:enabled/disabled;
- Customer Groups - the customer groups the block will be displayed to;
- Where to Display - on what page types the block will be displayed:
- Home Page;
- Product Pages;
- Catalog Pages;
- Shopping Cart;
- Position - the position on the page where the block will be displayed:
- Sidebar top;
- Sidebar bottom;
- Content top;
- Page bottom;
- Menu Top;
- Menu Bottom.
- Conditions - lets store administrator define the conditions on which the static block will be displayed (e.g.: product attributes, category). The setting is Where to Display dependent.
This covers the placement aspects of the Custom Static Blocks.
Once done with the General section click Content in the navigation menu to your left:
At the Content section of the new static block page administator is suggested to define the static block's content.
The content is defined by the CMS blocks available at your store. Before adding a static block's content make sure you have created appropriate CMS block under Content > Elements > Blocks.
- To add new content option to the static block click button - it will add a new line of content;
- In the content line specify the Store View for the CMS block you want it displayed at;
- Select appropriate CMS block in the Static Block box (if required the CMS block can be edited on spot);
- Click one more time if you want to add another CMS block.
The final step of configuring the Custom Static Block is the Schedule section.
Here administrator is suggested if the block should be scheduled to display at a set time, or leave the fields blank to manually manage the block activity.
The section is spilt into two sections: Display Block - defines from when and how long the block should be active, and Schedule Patter - defines on what schedule the block be displayed during the Display Block period.
- In the Display Block section you have configured block to be displayed from January 1st to January 30th.
- In the Schedule Patterns you have selected From Monday to Friday;
- In the From/To Time you have set 8:00 - 13:00.
On such conditions the block will be displayed from January 1st to January 30th on the business week only: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. From 8:00 to 13:00.
Such scheduling settings may prove useful if you are intended on running a particular sales campaign to get more customers on business days.
That covers the Custom Static Blocks settings. You may now want to create some static blocks to test the best possible display options.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 Aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com