Bulk Image Uploader
This module will allow you to mass upload images from either Dropbox or ftp/FileTransferProtocol.
- Download the extension package.
- Have a valid Dropbox account and the program installed on your local computer, or FTP account with login/password.
- Install the module according to the instructions from readme file (included in the package).
- Login to Magento Admin.
- Go to System/Configuration. Choose Image Import from the left menu under TROLLWEB.
The general settings of the extension are located at System -> Configuration -> TrollWeb -> Image Sync backend page.
- Import method: Choose either Dropbox or Local Directory
Dropbox image directory / Local image directory: This is the image directory in your dropbox or the path on your ftp server, where the extension will pull the image files from.
- Use as main image: Define whether the uploaded image will be used as the main product image.
- Remove old images: Define whether the extension will delete the existent images (if there're any) of a product before importing the new ones. Note: this action is unrecoverable.
- Delete files after upload: Deletes files from the local dropbox or ftp server after upload is finished
- Rename files after upload: Adds "UPLOADED as filename prefix (These images will not be listed)
- Enable logging: Enable/ disable logging of the extension activity
- Dropbox Authorization: Click this button and follow the instructions below to connect to your Dropbox account.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Dropbox account
- Click Dropbox Authorization button in the extension settings, and then follow the link from the page that opens:
- You will be redirected to the Dropbox site. In the dialog window, click "Allow"
- Copy the authorization code from the next screen
- Switch back to the Magento backend, paste the code into the correspondent field and click Save button.
Starting the import
A new import session is initiated each time you access Catalog -> Trollweb ImageSync backend page.