The Magento 2 Automatic Related Products module gives online merchants additional sales opportunities by adding related product blocks to website pages. Products in blocks are displayed in accordance with specific rules that define block position, name, priority, on which pages a particular block will be shown, which items will be included in it, and how the block will look like. Moreover, the automatic product suggestion rules can be disabled for individual products in the catalog.
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Automatic Related Products
Command Line Installation
Automatic Related Products (ARP) extension comes ready for work right after the installation.
The first place to start is the Manage Rules section available right from the backend navigation menu (Marketing > Automatic Related Products by aheadWorks > Manage Rules).
Manage Rules section
This is the section where all the Automatic Related Products rule management takes place.
Here you are provided with rule descriptions, rule tables, and performance reports:
If you already have rules created or you are trying out our demo store this section provides following opportunities:
- button navigates you to the New Rule screen where you are suggested to create new Automatic Related Products rule;
- Clicking a Rule name navigates you to the Edit Rule screen where you can adjust the created rule settings or save it as a new rule;
- and buttons allow quickly enabling/disabling created ARP rules respectively;
- button allows quickly deleting particular ARP rule (once clicked a confirmation pop-up is displayed).
That's as for the active elements of the Manage Rules section.
Along with the general rule information such as name and position, you can look through the Rule performance:
The reports represent individual ARP rule block performance:
- View - displays the number of customer visits to the pages with the ARP blocks;
- Clicks - displays the number of clicks on the products displayed in the ARP blocks (both product clicks and add to cart actions are counted);
- CTR (Click Through Rate) - represents the Views to Clicks ratio.
Additionally, the grid displays related product rule priorities and display modes. The rules with higher priorities (10 is considered to be higher than 20) are executed first. The Display Mode grid shows the What to Display option applied to a particular rule (described below).
Creating ARP rules
The new ARP rules can be created from the Manage Rules section. To create a new rule follow the steps below:
Click button. You are now being navigated to the New rule screen, Rule Information section:
Under Rule Information section decide on the following:
- Set the rule status (enabled/disable) in the Status field;
- Choose the ARP block position with the Block Position field.There are currently seven (7) product page block positions and five (5) shopping cart page positions;
- Decide on the ARP rule name and type it in the Name field (the name is used for internal identification purposes);
- Set the ARP block Priority;
- Select the Store View the ARP block should be displayed at;
- Select Customer Groups the ARP block should be displayed at.
Once done with the settings above - navigate to the Where to Display section:
At Where to Display section you are suggested to specify the product attributes or attribute combinations that will define the product pages where the ARP block will be displayed.
Depending on your requirements you can either:
1) Define particular set of product pages that will display ARP block (Example 1);
2) Display ARP block on ALL product pages EXCLUDING particular set of product pages (Example 2).
Here we have specified the product pages where ARP block should be displayed on by adding a category condition.
As you can see from the image, in this case, the ARP block will be displayed ONLY on the product pages that belong to the 'Sale' category.
Here we have specified the product pages where ARP block should NOT be displayed by adding SKU and color based conditions.
In this case, the ARP block will be displayed at ALL product pages of your store except for the ones that fall under the conditions set, namely: products with SKU 1, 2 or 3, and all products of the Red color.
When you are done setting up the product pages where the ARP block should be displayed navigate to the What to Display section:
In the What to Display section you are suggested to choose among three display options:
Who Bought This Also Bought (WBTAB);
Who Viewed This Also Viewed (WVTAV).
Note: The Who Bought This Also Bought and Who Viewed This Also Viewed display options are only available for the Product Page and Shopping Cart Page related products block sets.
The Conditions Combination option specifies the product attributes or attribute combinations that will define the products to be displayed in the ARP block.
The process behind specifying the products is the same as in theStep 3 Where to Display section - depending on your requirements you either include or exclude products.
The Who Bought This Also Bought display option allows selecting the related products that are frequently bought together with the current product.
Note: The ‘current product’ is either the product displayed on the current product page or the most expensive product displayed on the shopping cart page. The same logic is applied to the Who Viewed This Also Viewed option.
The Who Viewed This Also Viewed option, if enabled in the extension settings section, allows selecting the related products that are frequently viewed together with the current product (consider the latest note) within one browser session.
This display option can be further configured in order to filter particular products from the above selection.
With the enabled Suggest Products from One Category Only toggle switch button, the extension takes from the above pool of products only the items that belong to the category of the current product.
The Suggest Products Only with Price Higher than Price of Current Product option, accordingly, allows selecting only the items with higher prices.
And the combination of these two filters even further narrows down the list of available related products, which is obviously is suitable for only big stores handling numerous visits and sessions.
When you are done with specifying the products you want to be displayed in the ARP block, please navigate to the final section of the New rule screen - How to Display:
At How to Display section you are suggested to adjust the ARP block look and feel:
- Set the name of the ARP block that will be displayed to the store customers with the Block title field;
- Decide on how the ARP block will look like with the Block layout field: Grid or Slider;
- If you select Grid Block layout it will be suggested to specify the number of rows in the block grid;
- Specify if you want the 'Add To Cart' button displayed under every product displayed in the ARP block with the Display "Add To Cart" button selector;
- Set the maximum number of products displayed in the ARP block in the Max products to display field;
- Decide on how you want the related products to be sorted in the ARP block, for example: by bestsellers, low to high prices, etc.
Note: The sorting orders for WBTAB and WVTAV display modes are defined by default, by Order Counts and View Counts accordingly. In the case of the enabled Override Option in the "Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells " tab of the backend product editing form the related product blocks using the WBTAB and WVTAV display modes and containing native related products will be sorted by the product positions specified in the corresponding editing form.
Once done with all How to Display settings click button. That's it, Automatic Related Products rule has been created.
Override Automatic Related Products
If required Automatic Related Products blocks can be overridden with native Magento related products on the product level. To do this, navigate to Catalog > Products, select the product you want to override the Automatic Related Products block of and click Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells section.
Here you can swap Automatic Related Products block for the native one if required.
The General Settings section is available under Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Automatic Related Products
The section contains two setting blocks:
Show more than one block in one position. The setting allows multiple Automatic Related Product blocks taking the same position to be prioritized (for example, between the blocks with Priority 1 and Priority 5 the extension will display the first one).
Who Viewed This Also Viewed. The setting block allows enabling the ‘Who Viewed This Also Viewed’ display mode and determine the period of processed sessions (e.g. ‘Empty’ means no limitations, which may slow down your website).
Note: If the WVTAV functionality is enabled, the module starts an additional cron job once in 24h updating the related product blocks working under the WVTAV display mode.
Custom block position
Automatic Related Products blocks can be displayed in a custom position with the help of Magento widget. To display a block in a custom position follow these steps:
Create Automatic Related Products rule and set Block position setting to Custom position.
Configure the rest of the settings as per your requirements.
Create a widget at Content > Elements > Widgets and set widget type to Automatic Related Products by Aheadworks.
Continue to the widget settings. Set Layout Updates and other widget attributes. Don't forget to navigate to the Widget Options tab and select required Automatic Related Product rule.
Click button. Now you can proceed to the store frontend and see the widget in the position specified.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots, and reviews on http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2018 aheadworks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com