Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
Installing Automatic Related Products
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
Automatic Related Products (ARP) extension comes ready for work right after the installation.
The extension doesn't have general settings, it introduces a single section under the Marketing tab of the backend navigation menu (Marketing > Automatic Related Products by aheadWorks > Manage Rules).
Manage Rules section
This is the section where all the Automatic Related Products rule management takes place.
Here you are represented with rule description, rule table and rule performance reports:
If you already have rules created or you are trying out our demo store this section provides following oppotunities:
- button navigates you to the New Rule screen where you are suggested to create new Automatic Related Products rule;
- Clicking a Rule name navigates you to the Edit Rule screen where you can adjust the created rule settings or save it as a new rule;
- and buttons allow quickly enabling/disabling created ARP rules respectively;
- button allows quickly deleting particular ARP rule (once clicked a confirmation pop-up is displayed).
That's as for the active elements of the Manage Rules section.
Along with the general rule information such as name and position, you can look throgh the Rule performance:
The reports represent individual ARP rule block performance:
- View - how many times customers visited the page with the ARP block;
- Clicks - how many times customers clicked products displayed in the ARP block (both product clicks and add to cart actions are counted);
- CTR (Click Through Rate) - represents Views to Clicks ratio.
Creating ARP rules
The new ARP rules can be created from the Manage Rules section. To create a new rule follow the steps below:
Click button. You are now being navigated to the New rule screen, Rule Information section:
Under Rule Information section decide on the following:
- Set the rule status (enabled/disable) in the Status field;
- Choose the ARP block position with the Block Position field .There are currently seven (7) product page block positions and five (5) shopping cart page positions;
- Decide on the ARP rule name and type it in the Name field (the name is used for internal identification purposes);
- Set the ARP block Priority;
- Select the Store View the ARP block should be displayed at;
- Select Customer Groups the ARP block should be displayed at.
Once done with the settings above - navigate to the Where to Display section:
At Where to Display section you are suggested to specify the product attributes or attribute combinations that will define the product pages where the ARP block will be displayed.
Depending on your requirements you can either:
1) Define particular set of product pages that will display ARP block (Example 1);
2) Display ARP block on ALL product pages EXCLUDING particular set of product pages (Example 2).
Here we have specified the product pages where ARP block should be displayed on by adding a category condition.
As you can see from the image in this case the ARP block will be displayed ONLY on the product pages that belong to the 'Sale' category.
Here we have specified the product pages where ARP block should NOT be displayed by adding SKU and color based conditions.
In this case the ARP block will be displayed at ALL product pages of your store except for the ones that fall under the conditions set, namely: products with SKU 1, 2 or 3, and all products of the Red color.
When you are done setting up the product pages where the ARP block should be displayed navigate to the What to Display section:
At What to Display section you are suggested to specify the product attributes or attribute combinations that will define the products that will be displayed in the ARP block.
The process behind specifying the products is the same as in the Step 3 Where to Display section - depending on your requirements you either include or exclude products.
When you are done with specifying the products you want displayed in the ARP block navigate to the final section of the New rule screen - How to Display:
At How to Display section you are suggested to adjust the ARP block look and feel:
- Set the name of the ARP block that will be displayed to the store customers with the Block title field;
- Decide on how the the ARP block will look like with the Block layout field: Grid or Slider;
- If you select Grid Block layout it will be suggested to specify the number of rows in the block grid;
- Specify if you want the 'Add To Cart' button displayed under every product displayed in the ARP block with the Display "Add To Cart" button selector;
- Set the maximum number of products displayed in the ARP block in the Max products to display field;
- Decide on how do you want related products sorted in the ARP block, for example: by bestseller, low to high price.
Once done with all How to Display settings click button. That's it, Automatic Related Products rule has been created.
Override Automatic Related Products
If required Automatic Related Products blocks can be overridden with native Magento related products on the product level. To do this, navigate to Products > Catalog, select the product you want to override the Automatic Related Products block of and click Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-Sells section.
Here you can swap Automatic Related Products block for the native one if required.
General settings section available under Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Automatic Related Products
The section contains a single setting Show more than one block in one position. The setting allows multiple Automatic Related Product blocks displayed in a single position in order defined by the rule Priority, - for example a block with Priority 1 will be displayed before the block with priority 5.
Custom block position
Automatic Related Products blocks can be displayed in a custom position with the help of Magento widget. To display a block in a custom position follow these steps:
Create Automatic Related Products rule and set Block position setting to Custom position.
Configure the rest of the settings as per your requirements.
Create a widget at Content > Elements > Widgets and set widget type to Automatic Related Products by Aheadworks.
Continue to the widget settings. Set Layout Updates and other widget attributes. Don't forget to navigate to the Widget Options tab and select required Automatic Related Product rule.
Click button. Now you can proceed to the store frontend and see the widget in the position specified.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com