Extension page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/auction-pro.html
The Auction Pro Magento module is a fantastic way to put the 'spotlight' on your products. A competitive buying environment created by auction helps you achieve the highest price possible in the shortest time frame.
Set up cron
The Auction Pro extension uses cron for checking the Auction expiration and sending notifications. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/how_to_setup_a_cron_job . If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step.
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And add the following line:
The extension's general settings menu can be accessed via System-> Configuration-> aheadWorks Extensions-> Auctions or Promotions-> Auctions-> General Settings. The following options must be specified in this menu:
Create Auction Category - adds the Auctions page to the category navigation menu
Add Auction to the Top Links - adds the link to the Auctions page to the header menu
Email sender - defines the sender of notification emails
URL Key - a link to the auctions section (specifying the full path is not required)
You can manage the Auctions via Promotions-> Auction-> Auctions backend grid. You can create a new or partially edit the existent Auction offer, after choosing any of these options, you will be redirected to Auction details screen:
General Information section contains the following options:
Auction Name - free text input field, any recognizable name will do
Status = Enabled/Disabled
Initial Price * - defines the starting item price
Minimal Bid - defines the minimal bid value
Start Date *
End Date *
Allow Buy Out - allows purchasing the item instantly at the normal catalog price
Send offer to all participants to purchase product for the maximal bid / Choose Template - allows all the auction participants to buy the product at the winning price. The default template includes the link to the Shopping Cart sections with the auction item already added.
Create cart and send notification to the winner / Choose Template - allows you to inform the auction winner. The default template includes the link to the Shopping Cart sections with the auction item already added.
Notify participants of higher bids / Choose Template - allows you to inform your customers about the new bids for the same product. The default template includes the link to the item page.
Action Product * section:
in this selector, you are to choose the product on offer.
*These Auction attributes CAN NOT be edited after you save the Auction.
You can track all the auction-related events in Promotions-> Auction-> Auction Log backend grid.
- Participating in Auctions is allowed for the logged in customer only
- On the frontend, the current price value is not updated dynamically; if any news bids appeared while a customer was viewing the page, they will see the current price only after page refresh
- There is a maximum price limit of 9,999,999,999.99 in the store's base currency
- The Custom Options price modifiers are being added after the current auction price; i.e., (Initial price + Bids) + Custom Option (s) modifier (s) = Final Price
Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
1. Remove all extension's buttons and widgets inserted manually.
2. Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
3. Open the file AW_Auction.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of this module.
4. Clear the cache under var/cache
5. Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
6. If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
7. In case you need to clean the database, make a backup and then run the following query in MySQL:
If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter
Note, if you are using the tables with prefixes, you have to specify them in all table names before running the query above.
- If you remove the tables as it is described above, all Auction details and statistics will be lost. You will need to configure the Auction offers again after the extension is reinstalled.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the installation System->Configuration->Refer a Friend returns 404 error.
Logout from backend and login back again.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com