- Installing Advanced Reviews
- Command Line Installation
- Uninstall Script
- Importing Reviews
- Getting Around
- Advanced Reviews Frontend Use
- Backend Configuration
- Other Functions
- Uninstalling Advanced Reviews
- Need Customization?
Magento 2 Advanced Reviews allows you to attract customers attention to particular products, share own and embrace other shopper opinions about the products sold and services provided, generate loyal attitude to a brand, and eventually increase sales. Thoroughly designed website and especially email review submission forms with summary blocks, helpfulness voting, Magento admin comments, etc. generate more reviews fast and efficiently.
Compatibility: Magento Open Source 2.1.X - 2.3.X, Magento Commerce 2.1.X - 2.3.X
Thank you for choosing Aheadworks!
Installing Advanced Reviews
Command Line Installation
Set up cron
If you have already configured cronjobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step. Read the following instructions on setting cronjob for your Magento store: Magento user guide.
Generally, it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And insert the following line:
Don't forget to confirm saving request when exit.
To uninstall the script, run the following command:
Please note: uninstall script works correctly only if the module was previously installed via Composer
All the reviews existing before the Advanced Reviews installation can be imported into the extension and further processed by the module.
Import of existing reviews is performed by a separate command in the console:
Upon the command, all the necessary information about native reviews is collected and imported in batches (100 reviews each) into our tables. At the end of the import, the id of the last native imported review is written to the native Flag Magento table. If for some reason, the import is interrupted, the console will display a description of the exception/error that occurred, and the last successfully imported id will also be written into the Flag table. As soon as the error is removed, you can run the command once again.
The Advanced Reviews is a must-have Magento extension for any Magento store. Both, the tone of reviews and their numbers influence purchasing decisions and entice customers to your store. The Advanced Reviews extension allows your shoppers to submit reviews conveniently and swiftly being able to evaluate different aspects of their experience with the product.
What Makes It Different
- Email review submission forms allow customers to provide their reviews right on the spot;
- Review comments enable Magento admins to answer questions and assert own vision;
- Review summary blocks make customers grasp the general tone of all reviews instantly;
- Helpfulness ratings and Verified Buyer badges add even more credibility to reviews.
Advanced Reviews Frontend Use
The extension, in fact, starts working right after the installation. You just need to configure it in accordance with your preferences. When the configuration stage is passed, you can start collecting reviews immediately.
The extension provides two ways to submit reviews - in the store and by emails.
On-site Review Submission Forms
The first and most obvious place to leave a review is product pages. The extension replaces native Magento review forms with own improved user interface and frontend functionality. Traditionally, reviews can be submitted by both registered users and guests. If a product didn't receive any reviews yet, the reviews tab contains only the review submission form and a corresponding notification that your review is going to be the first one for this product.
The form contains four compulsory and one optional field:
- Your rating - allows customers to evaluate their experience related to the product from 1 to 5 stars depending on their contentment;
- Nickname - a name of the review author;
- Review - the review itself;
- Review Summary - the main thought of the review in brief;
- Do you recommend this product? - the box contains three options: Not specified, No, Yes.
In case if the product has been reviewed already by other customers the Reviews tab on product pages looks a bit different.
The Customer Review section contains general information about all the reviews, including the overall rating, number of reviews, number of customers who recommend this product, and the general rating split by stars. Right here customers are able to write own reviews using the Write a Review button.
Next comes the list of all individual reviews with dates, star ratings, author nicknames, comments, and helpfulness voting functionality. Helpfulness voting allows any customers to vote reviews either helpful or not. At the end of the list the Write a Review button is provided once again so visitors should not scroll the page up to find its first appearance.
Product Reviews in Customer Accounts
As we've already told, reviews can be submitted both by guests and registered customers. The customers who submit reviews as registered users are able to track statuses of their reviews in own customer accounts. First customer reviews appear in Account Dashboards presented the My Recent Reviews grid with the following columns:
- Created - date of the creation;
- Product Name - product reviewed;
- Status - one of the possible review statuses (Pending, Approved, Not approved);
- Rating - star rating of the review;
- Summary - review summary.
The View All link provided in the grid allows customers to move to the My Product Reviews section, which is also available from the sidebar menu.
The section contains a list of all reviews submitted by customers with the same columns still.
Email Review Submission Form
The opportunity to send reviews right from emails facilitates the whole process significantly and allows you to attract many more reviews. The form obtains absolutely the same functions as the on-site submission form and enables customers to choose the products to be reviewed, their rating, provide nicknames, review texts, review summaries, and recommend the product to other visitors. All the reviews submitted by email are automatically marked as the ones received from Verified Buyers.
Adding the Review Submission Form into custom emails
You can include the email review form in other emails by inserting the following line in the required email template(s):
Generally, this method should work with any extension, which sends follow up emails based on the events related to order status. The only requirement for the Advanced Reviews extension is to retrieve an order ID to get the data for the form rendering.
The general settings of the extension (Stores > Configuration > Aheadworks Extensions > Advanced Reviews) are quite simple so the configuration stage is not going to take much time. The Configuration page consists of two sections: General and Email Notification Settings.
The General Section contains one configuration option - Admin Comment Caption. It allows you to set a name to be used as the caption for your comments.
Email Notification Settings
The Email Notification Settings section allows you to configure general settings of email review reminders and service notifications used by the extension.
- Sender. The box allows you to set a sender for outgoing emails;
- Enable Review Reminder Notifications. The box allows you either enable or disable review reminder notifications by email;
- Send Review Reminder Notifications After Day(s). If email review reminders are enabled (above), the numeric field makes it possible to determine an on-hold period after the purchase when the notification will be sent;
- Email Template For Customer Review Reminder. The option determines an email template to be used for customer review reminders. Leave empty to disable admin notifications;
- Email Address for Admin Notifications. An email address to receive admin notifications, including the ones about newly submitted reviews;
- Email Template for Admin Notifications. The option determines an email template to be used for admin notifications.
When the general settings are configured you can use the extension for collecting reviews and sending notifications. All the reviews are stored in the Reviews section in the backend.
The Reviews grid (Marketing > Advanced Reviews by Aheadworks > Reviews) allows you to track and manage all the reviews processed by the extension.
The grid consists of the following columns:
- Created. Displays the date when the review was created;
- Status. A status of the review: pending, approved, not approved;
- Summary. The main point of the review in brief;
- Nickname. A name of the author used for reviewing;
- Review Content. The review itself;
- Rating. An individual star rating of each review;
- Submitted From. A review source (website and store view or admin area) the review is submitted from;
- Author Type. A type of the person submitted the review: administrators, guests, or registered customers;
- Verified Buyer. A badge telling whether the buyer is acknowledged verified or not;
- Do you recommend this product? The column tells whether the product is recommended by the customer or not;
- Product. A name of the product;
- SKU. Product SKU;
- Action. An active link that allows Magento admins to edit the review or go to the product.
In addition to the Action column, the module also supports the mass-action functionality that allows admins to delete, change statuses, set verified buyer badges, and update recommendations of reviews massively with the 'Actions' box in the top left corner of the grid.
Reviews on Product Pages
We should also mention that the table with the same functionality and configuration options is added by the extension to each product so Magento admins can manage reviews on product pages as well.
New Reviews and Review Editing
Magento admins can edit and add new reviews right from the backend. The New Review and Edit Review pages are quite similar so let us take a look at the first one as an example. Still, remember that all or almost the below amendments are available for existing reviews as well.
The New Review page comprises the following configuration options:
- Product. Here you can select any product to be reviewed form the entire catalog on the Select Product sliding page using the Add Selected Product button.
- Created At. The options allow you to select a date for the review, which can be today or any day in future or past;
- Rating. The five-star rating allows Magento admins or customers to formalize their attitude towards the product;
- Status. A new review can be left pending or converted to become approved or not approved;
- Nickname. The name to be used as an author's name for review purposes;
- Summary of Review. The main statement the review provides;
- Review. A text field the review should be placed in;
- Do you recommend this product? The box has three options: Not specified, Yes, No.
- Verified buyer. The customers who submit reviews from emails receive the Verified Buyer badge automatically, but you can provide it for other reviews as well, if necessary;
- Display reviews on selected store views. The option allows you to share the review among Magento store views different from the original submission store view;
- Admin Comment. The commentary field allows you to say thank you or answer the question asked in a review.
That's it about the extension configuration.
In addition to the functionality described above, the extension also provides some more benefits for store owners and development teams.
Saving Reviews Intact
In case a customer account is deleted, all the reviews provided by this customer become guest reviews. This way, you can simultaneously follow the GDPR requirements and still use the provided reviews.
Uninstalling Advanced Reviews
Automatic Removal (via Composer)
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: https://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/end-user-license-agreement/
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2019 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com