- Installing Advanced Reports
- Introducing Advanced Reports
- Reference table
- Getting around
- Extension settings
- Report indices
- I have deleted a product. Will it impact the reports?
- I can't see an attribute in Sales by Attributes report!
- Why can't I see some Configurable and Bundle products in Sales by Attributes report?
- How the profit is calculated for product performance report?
Thank you for choosing aheadWorks!
Installing Advanced Reports
To install the extension follow the instructions below:
Updating to version 2.3.0
When updating to version 2.3.0 one should reindex Advanced Reports extension via console. To do this, follow these steps:
This should be done so that new tables introduced in version 2.3.0 could be filled with reporting data.
Set up cron
If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: Magento user guide.
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And insert the following line:
Don't forget to confirm saving request when exit.
Introducing Advanced Reports
Advanced Reports is a Magento 2 extension by aheadWorks that helps getting a perspective on the store performance with a set of a eight reports:
- Sales Overview – detailed order representation with the average values for the sales period;
- Product Performance – per product sales report;
- Sales by Category – product categories performance for a set period;
- Sales by Product Attributes - overview of an attribute or attribute combination sales; (Only attributes with 'Use for Promo Rule Conditions' enabled are processed)
- Sales by Coupon Code – number of coupon uses with the total discount applied;
- Sales by Payment Type – number of orders placed and items ordered per payment method;
- Sales by Manufacturer – product manufacturer perspective sales;
- Sales Detailed - sales per single item per customer;
- Traffic and Conversion - unique page visits to orders placed ratio;
- Sales by Location - provides an overview of the customers by country for identifying new promotional campaigns;
- Abandoned Carts - introduces abandonment cart rate statistics to the store.
Report range – the date range the report generated displays total sales for;
Report entry – the timespans the Report range is split to; altogether are equal to the Report range set.
How does it look like?
Advanced Reports extension introduces its section to Reports > Advanced Reports by aheadWorks where store administrator can find all the reports available. Reports screen is represented with the following elements:
Here, at the Sales Overview report screen, which will be used in the context of this readme for introduction purposes, storeowner can find the following elements:
Navigation menu – used for quick navigation within an extension; with the help of the navigation menu store administrator can switch to required report, get to the documentation or extension settings;
The available extension pages are:
- Sales Overview;
- Product Performance;
- Sales Detailed;
- Traffic and Conversions;
- Abandoned Carts;
- Sales by Category;
- Sales by Product Attributes
- Sales by Coupon Codes;
- Sales by Payment Type;
- Sales by Manufacturer;
- Get Support.
- Calendar – used to set the reporting period; it comes with the pre-defined reporting periods for quick access;
The calendar allows selecting from the following pre-defined report ranges: today, yesterday, last 7 days, last week, last business week, this month, last month.
- Report intervals – used to group the report data by a necessary period;
For example: you can generate a report from a whole month (1st to 31st) and group the report table entries by day (31 entry – day by day sales), week (5 entries – week total sales), or month (1 entry – month sales total).
Sales Overview report at screenshot covers the dates between July 20th and September 6th and the report entries are represented by week.
- Report chart – used to visualize the sales data in a readable chart;
- Availble chart parameters - these represent the most important aspects of the particular report that can be presented in the chart;
- Totals block - represents the report specific totals for quick evaluation;
- Report grid – represents the report specific sales data built for the period defined in the Calendar;
- Filters and report grid adjustments - represent a set of filters including: customer group, segment, and report specific criteria; that can be applied to get more details.
For the convenience purposes the reports generated can later be exported to the .csv or .xml tables with the help of the Export button.
Generating a report
The extension comes with eight report types each covering particular aspect of the store performance. To generate a report take the steps below:
To generate a report store administrator selects a required report from the list available under Reports > Advanced Reports by aheadWorks.
Then, store administrator uses Calendar to select required report date range; and clicks button.
The report is generated. Now, store administrator can adjust the Report period grouping to get the required report representation and adjust the filters necessary .
Once the required filters are selected, store administrator can save the perfect report grid look by clicking Default View button and Save view as...
The View saved will be transferred as you navigate through reports and can be recalled any time you have made any changes to filters or report grid.
All the reports of Advanced Reports extension are interconnected, meaning that store administrator can get more in-depth look on the report entry with each click.
Taking a Sales Overview report as a starting point, store administrator can get to the Product Performance report by clicking a required report entry. The Product Performance period will match the Sales Overview report entry clicked and will be grouped accordingly.
Moreover, clicking a Product Performance report entry will take the store administrator to the Individual Product Performance report screen.
When done with the report drill-down, store administrator can use the breadcrumb trail to get back to the starting or intermediate location of the drill. The breadcrumb trailed is marked with the red line on the screenshot above.
The drill-down scenarios available for reports are:
- Sales Overview > Product Performance;
- Product Performance > Product Variant Performance;
- Sales by Category > Product Performance;
- Sales by Coupon Code > Sales Overview;
- Sales by Payment Type > Sales Overview;
- Sales by Manufacturer > Product Performance;
- Traffic and Conversions > Product Conversion >
- Sales by Location > Sales by State/Region > Sales by City/Place.
The Advanced Reports general settings can be accessed using a navigation menu or found under Stores > Configuration > aheadWorks extensions > Advanced Reports.
The extension settings are represented with the Order Statuses selector. The selector defined which order statuses the extension will process for building reports. By default only ‘Complete’ orders will be processed.
If required store administrator can select additional order statuses for the extension to process by either using + to select a group of orders, or + to select order statuses one by one.
Version 2.1.0 of Advanced Reports extension introduced Order Status selector on per-report basis. Now store administrators can adjust what order types should be processed by a particular report.
To do this, administrator can click button at the top of the report grid to proceed to the Order Statuses selector and override General Settings values.
Starting from version 2.0.0 Advanced Reports extension brings report indices in the play. What it means is that every time storeowners opens a particular report the data is already generated and is loaded for required report period much faster. Report indexing eliminates a requirement for report generation on demand, basically all the reports are generated once a day (or frequently depending on the cron settings) and post-generated results are loaded when storeowner opens a report.
It helps alot on the order-heavy stores. For example it should not take more than a couple of minutes to reindex ~200k orders on a decent server hardware. Without report indices processing 200k orders would result in heavy load on the server and considerable lag while generating a report.
How to index reports?
As it has been mentioned above, the reports are indexed automatically depending on your store cron setup. Generally the cron is set up to run once a day, meaning that the report data for 'yesterday' will always be up-to-date.
There is a way to run the reindex manually, however it involves using the console. To run a report reindex manually you will need to:
- Open console and log in to your store server;
- Navigate to Magento root folder;
- Run: php -f bin/magento indexer:reindex aw_arep_statistics
- This will start the report reindex. Please note, this command line doesn't reindex the whole store, only the report tables will be reindexed.
Once the reindex is done, storeowner gets the latest data on the reports processed.
Will Advanced Reports extension process orders placed before installation?
Yes, Advanced Reports extension will index ALL the orders placed at the store.
I have deleted a product. Will it impact the reports?
If the product has been deleted the Product Performance report will fetch the deleted product SKUs from the order table. It means that configurable products and products with custom options will have their SKU marked as (product was deleted). Otherwise deleted products will not impact report performance or data generated.
I can't see an attribute in Sales by Attributes report!
Make sure you have enabled 'Use for Promo Rule Conditions' option for an attribute you cannot find in the report. If required refresh cache and reload page.
Why can't I see some Configurable and Bundle products in Sales by Attributes report?
It depends on whether you have set dynamic or fixed price for Configurable or Bundle product.
- If you have set dynamic prices - only child products will be considered while builing report;
- If you have set fixed prices - both parent and child products will be considered while building report.
How the profit is calculated for product performance report?
Total revenue, cost, margin and profit are calculated by the following formulae:
Total Revenue (excl. Tax)
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2016 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com