- General configuration
- Dashboard section
- Reports Overview
- Report Types
- Tips and Tricks
Improve the functionality of native Magento reports and create a complete picture of your business situation with Advanced Reports!
Perfect reporting solution with 13 customizable report types, which can be further expanded with additional units.
Set up cron
In order to automatically generated reports the extension requires to be launched with cron. If you have already configured cron jobs for your Magento installation then you can skip this step. Read the following instructions on setting cron job for your Magento store: Magento user guide
Generally it would be enough to run in SSH console of your server:
And insert the following line:
Don't forget to confirm saving request when exit.
Once cronjob is set up and running, the extension will be saving every action in the log, which can be viewed in System->Configuration->aheadWorks Extensions->Info->aheadWorks Extensions logging->View log. If you think that the extension does not work as expected, it is recommended to check the log first. If it is empty or contains very few records, it may indicate that your cronjob is not set or set improperly. Normally, every cron launch should add 1 or more entries. Actual quantity of the entries depends on the number of processed events per given cronjob.
The extension's general settings are located under the System -> Configuration -> aheadWorks Extensions -> Advanced Reports backend page.
Charts options section
Charts Options section allows defining the charts parameters (lines color, font color and size, background color, and the chart height) or disabling the charts at the report pages.
If enabled the charts are generated automatically and can be found atop the report's table.
This section defines the general reports settings and allows adjusting default report look.
- Process Orders - defines what orders statuses the extension will take into account when generating reports;
- Select Orders By - defines if orders should be included in the Date Range by the Created At or Updated At date;
- Save date range when navigating between reports and Number of latest custom date ranges - these two options control how the module saves the custom report periods for quick access;
- Include taxes in profit calculation - defines if taxes should be included in the profit calculation.
Scheduled Email Reports section
This section allows enabling and configuring automatic reports generation.
- Reports to Export - allows selecting the report types to be exported and emailed (except Sales by Product, Sales by Product Attributes, Sales by Category); leave empty to disable;
- Email Recipients - defines the list of the recipients' email addresses. Multiple addresses are allowed. Leaving this field empty will disable the auto-generation functionality;
- Period - defines the time period covered by an auto-generated reports;
- Group By - defines minimal period unit in the report table;
- Frequency - defines the reports generation frequency;
- File Format - defines the output file format: CSV or XML;
- At (time) - defines the time of reports generation;
- Copy all sent reports to this folder - defines the server folder for saving the reports generated (the folder is Magento root folder related); leave empty to disable the reports backup;
- Email Sender - defines email sender;
- Email Template - defines the report email template.
In the Units section additional aheadWorks reporting units are displayed (if installed).
If the unit is installed it's version will be displayed on the right of it's name instead of 'Not installed' message.
When navigating to Reports -> Advanced Reports user is presented with the reports Dashboard.
The Dashboard comes with the following functionality:
- Store view selector - allows defining the store view for which you want the reports to be generated to;
- Reports menu - provides a user with a handy report navigation block.
Under the Dashboard user is introduced to sales charts and pre-defined quick reports generated for the last 30 days to represent generic sales overview.
- Sales Overview;
- Average Order Value;
- Items per Order;
- New Signups.
- Sales by Country.
All the extension's reports are listed under Reports-> Advanced Reports backend section.
Once you access any of the reports, there are some common options:
- Sorting Options - allows sorting the generated report by the most relevant criteria;
- Expandable Calendar with a reports date range - allows defining the report's date range and apply the changes made;
- Report Chart - represents the generated report's data in a diagram;
- Export Button - allows exporting the report generated to CSV/Excel file;
- Report Customization - allows customizing particular report (overrides the general Advanced Reports settings).
Expandable calendar allows setting up required report date range.
- Month blocks - these blocks allow manually specifying necessary date range by clicking required dates;
- Date range - this section allows selecting either custom date range or pre-defined date ranges:
- Last 7 days;
- Last week (Sun - Sat);
- Last business week (Mon - Fri);
- This month;
- Last month.
- From / To - this fields allow adjusting date rage selected manually.
By clicking Customize button at the report's page user gets to the Customization screen. Here can be found additional report parameters along with the column management options.
General section of the Customization screen is represented by the following options:
- Process orders - allows overriding the general settings of the Advanced Reports extension and specifying the statutes of the orders that should be processed when generating a report;
- Select orders by - defines if the orders should be selected by either Created At date or by Updated At date;
- Number of latest custom date ranges - defines how many custom date ranges the extension should preserve for the quick access from the Expandable Calendar at the report's page;
- Use Default Value - this checkbox, if ticked, restores the General Configuration settings for the options necessary.
Columns section allows enabling/disabling columns available for a particular report.
There are various report types, each having a particular role in covering the most important aspects of the store productiveness.
Tips and Tricks
Price and Cost
Since Advanced Reports version 2.8.0 both item Price and Cost are caught from the order details, meaning that the Profit calculation will always stay relevant, disregarding of whether cost or price of the item has been changed.
For the report purposes Revenue is calculated using the following formula:
Profit and Margin calculation for Advanced Reports 2.6.0-2.7.3
Since version 2.6.0 of the extension Profit column has been added to the following reports: Bestseller, Sales Detailed, Sales by Product, Sales by Category.
This article explains how Profit and Margin are calculated for the reports purposes.
Profit - represents flat difference between revenue and product cost.
For the report purposes it is calculated using the following formula:
Margin - represents percent ratio of profit to revenue.
For the report purposes it is calculated using the following formula:
Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the file AW_Advancedreports.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of the extension
Clear the cache under var/cache
Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
In case you need to clean the database, make a backup and then run the following query in MySQL:
Note, if you are using the table with prefixes, you must specify them in all table names.
If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter.
If you remove the tables as it is described above, you will need to configure the extension again after it is reinstalled.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact Us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com