The extension's configuration options are available in the admin panel under Catalog -> Manage Products (Extended).
Manage Products (Extended) screen
The main screen of the extension represents adjustable native Magento 'Manage Products' section with Inline Cell Editor and editable columns. All the functionality and configuration options can be found at this very page.
- Grid Customization button allows managing custom product attributes, native and special columns in the products grid;
- Change Order option allows defining the order of the added attributes and columns in the products grid;
- View link below the product name leads to the corresponding product page at the store frontend;
- Edit link below the product name leads to the corresponding product details properties page in the at the store backend.
Grid Customization block
By clicking the 'Grid Customization' button user gets to the general settings screen of the extension.
Product Attribute Columns section
- Attibute Code dropdown menu allows selecting the attribute from the list of all the product attributes available at the store to be displayed at the Manage Products (Extended) grid;
- Title field allows naming the attribute in the Manage Products (Extended) grid;
- If editable checkbox defines if selected attribute can be edited with the Inline Cell Editor.
Special Columns section
This section of the 'Grid Customization' block allows defining special columns that are not available in the native Magento 'Manage products' out of the box.
Name of a particular special column displayed in the product grid can be edited in the appropriate 'Title' field.
Default Columns section
This section of the 'Grid Customization' block allows defining whether default columns available under the 'Manage products' grid should be visible or hidden.
Name of a particular default column displayed in the product grid can be edited in the appropriate 'Title' field.
Other settings section
This section of the 'Grid Customization' block contains miscellaneous settings.
- Thumbnail image max width, px option allows adjusting the thumbnail image of the product in the grid displayed;
- Max number of associated / related products to display option defines how many associated/related products (if any) should be displayed in the appropriate cell of the product grid;
- Enable inline editor defines whether it is possible to edit product attributes by clicking appropriate cell in the product grid.
Change Columns Order block
Change Columns Order block can be accessed by clicking the 'Change Order' button.
This block allows defining the order of the columns displayed in the product grid from left to the right side of the table.
Position of the columns can be adjusted by clicking arrow buttons , at the right hand side of the block.
Inline Cell Editor
Admin Product Grid extensions allows editing particular product attributes not leaving the product grid.
To check if the attribute can be edited hover a mouse cursor over it. If the attribute is highlighted - it can be edited.
Click the attribute to start editing. The extension uses AJAX functionality to save the changes made, when different value is specified the changes are applied either automatically or by clicking the green checkmark (for attributes with text values).
To prevent unnecessary changes to the attributes, upon saving the extension will prompt a green colored dialog at the top of the product grid suggesting to 'Undo' the most recent update .
Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
Open the file AW_pgrid.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of the extension
Clear the cache under var/cache
Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
In case you need to clean the database, make a backup and then run the following query in MySQL:
Note, if you are using the table with prefixes, you must specify them in all table names.
If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter.
If you remove the tables as it is described above, you will need to configure the extension again after it is reinstalled.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks Co. http://www.aheadworks.com