Extension page: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/add-free-product-to-cart.html
Spring a surprise on customers when they place an order. The Add Free Product To Cart Magento extension allows you to set up rules to present a gift to your clients or offer a discount on any product.
Go to Promotions->Add Free Product To Cart->Settings (or to System->Configuration->aheadWorks Extensions->Add Free Product To Cart) to configure the extension's general options.
- Enable Extension : "Yes/No"
- Allow to re-add free product if it was deleted from cart: the option defines whether a free items will be added back to cart in case a customer has removed them manually (after the cart update).
- Display option "Do not show this pop up again": This option works if customer click 'Decline' only. It does not work if it is ticked and 'Accept' button is clicked.
NOTE: The combination 'Do not show this popup again' and clicking 'Declined', will cancel all further rules processing for the current shopping cart content.
- Display pop up on shopping cart and on checkout page only (AJAX Cart Pro extension required) - allows displaying the Add Free Product to Cart pop up on the cart and checkout pages only;
- Cookie lifetime: this option defines for how long the pop-up window will remain inactive after a customer closes it
Setting Up Rules
You can add new rules and manage the existent ones in Promotions->Add Free Product To Cart->Rules backend page.
Rule Info tab:
Here, you can specify the basic rule parameters: Rule Name, Description (visible to admin users only), Status, Storeview, Customer Groups, From-To dates.
Pay attention to the below options:
Show Pop Up on adding Item(s) to Cart: If set to 'No', the product will be added to cart automatically.
If this option set to 'Yes' a popup prompting a confirmation to add product to cart will be displayed. If several rules are triggered at a time, the popup will show the full list of currently available free items.
*in case AJAX Cart Pro is installed, the popup(s) will be displayed on Cart View, or Checkout pages, depending on what page customer visit first.
- Priority: this option defines the order of rules processing. Can work in conjunction with "Stop Further Rules Processing" option
In this tab, you should define the conditions for the rule to get triggered.
The available conditions are identical to those of the native Shopping Cart Price Rules, and include Cart Attributes (Total Amount/ Quantity, etc) and Product Attributes.
Currently, the extension supports 2 bonus types (you can switch between them via "Apply" selector), each of the bonus types has different set of options.
If you require to disable the extension without removing it completely, go to System->Configuration->Advanced->Advanced->Disable Modules Output and disable the module AW_Afptc. Also, the extension can be switched off following steps 1-5 below, without deleting the files of the extension.
1. Disable compilation, in case it is enabled.
2. Login to your FTP, navigate to app/etc/modules/
3. Open the file AW_Afptc.xml and change the following line:
Now your Magento is unaware of the existence of the extension.
5.Make sure that the site is working properly, otherwise roll back the changes and apply to our technical support.
6.If everything works fine, it is safe to delete the files of the extension.
7. In case you need to clean the database, make a backup and then run the following query in MySQL:
Note, if you are using the table with prefixes, you must specify them in all table names.
If you are not sure how to do that or expect any troubles with it, please contact your server administrator regarding the matter.
If you remove the tables as it is described above, you will need to create all rules again after the extension is reinstalled.
After the extension installation the store gives an error, or blank page, or suggests to start Magento installation procedure.
Change the owner of the extracted extension files to the web server user and set 775 permissions on them. Clear the store cache and try again.
After the installation System->Configuration->Add Free Product To Cart returns 404 error.
Logout from backend and login back again.
There is no aheadWorks extensions under my configuration section, or having the extension tab clicked I get a blank page, or Access Denied error.
Clear the store cache, browser cookies, logout and login again.
My configuration changes do not appear on the store.
Clear the store cache, clear your browser cache and domain cookies and refresh the page.
You can always find the latest version of the software, full documentation, demos, screenshots and reviews at http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com
License agreement: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/LICENSE-M1.txt
Contact us: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/contacts/
Copyright © 2015 aheadWorks http://www.aheadworks.com